7 PRC SAAMI approved

The 6.5PRC isn't the same brass as the 30 PRC. The 30PRC is just a necked down 375Ruger with a change to the shoulder angle.

The 6.5PRC is actually based off of the 30TC cartridge which is much shorter.

Right now at least there's certainly no shortage of either the 30PRC or .375Rug brass but the demand for the 6.5PRC both in loaded ammo and brass has far exceeded expectations or what the industry was prepared for.
No the 6.5 PRC is absolutely not based off of the 30 TC case .. what??
its based off the 300 RCM case

Actually if it's done right the 7PRC will exceed the capaibility of the 7LRM by probably 100-200FPS.

If it's just a blown out 6.5PRC then it'll struggle to exceed the 280AI so I'm hoping they'll just neck down the 300PRC with little if any other change to the cartridge.
that's excatly what they are doing is necking down the 300 PRC case too 284 which has been done for quite a while now ..
its not a 6.5 PRC necked up !!!

Have you looked at a 30 TC case VS a 6.5 PRC case not even the bolt face ??
George Gardner originally did this 6.5-300 RCM years ago but opted for the 300 rsaum case instead
No, I don't own one so it hasn't really been that high on my things to do since I wasn't interested in owning one chambered in it.

Guess it goes to again prove that just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Thanks for the correction.

Yup I just played that part and it's not there now lol. He 100% said it when I first listened to the podcast. Probably got em in trouble when I posted this thread 😂
ok thanks. i swear i listened to that exact part 3-4 times when he was talking about the 7LRM and brass, but i never heard what you were saying!😆😜 must have poked the bear a little too much. 🤫🙄

ok thanks. i swear i listened to that exact part 3-4 times when he was talking about the 7LRM and brass, but i never heard what you were saying!😆😜 must have poked the bear a little too much. 🤫🙄

Haha I guess so! I'm just glad I'm not the only one that heard it initially 😅

Short Action is 2.8", Standard Action is 3.35-3.5". Or to be more descriptive the 30-06 Cartridge is on a "Standard" Action. The 378 Weatherby is on a Long Action. I'm afraid Marketing Hype has you all brainwashed into using the incorrect terminology. There is absolutely no discernable difference in weight hunting with a Rifle that weighs a half pound more or less. The Military wanted to save weight on Ammunition by going from the 30-06 down to the .308. If you're packing Six 20 Round Magazines when you hunt then my apologies.

Recent Posts