7 PRC SAAMI approved

i heard him talking about hornady making their 7LRM brass that they had 100000 of at one time that had bad necks and they had to remake them again. but heard nothing about 7prc. this was discussed starting at 37:43
Dude, now I feel like I'm losing my mind lol. I just listened to the whole second second half again and can't freaking find it.

I have a feeling, and it's just that, but I think Hornady is basing the 7PRC off of Gunwerks 7LRM. The 7LRM is a great cartridge, that I think Hornady tweaked a bit to make it better. I do like that Hornady is waiting to release it, as they are still trying to play catch up on current demands for components and ammunition.

not on the SAAMI list yet .....
83B43527-7105-442F-934D-89409EF1A64D.jpeg

I'm certainly not saying there aren't better cartridges out there or they could have done X but went Y but this all makes perfect sense. They worked with gunwerks originally on the LRM, they had issues but resolved it, it seems and gunwerks has a public following for long range hunting. Sure, there is probably another case design that does better or is shorter or what ever. But for people, like myself, that love the 7RM(I use it to hunt in Alaska where all my friends only carry .300 and .338s), it's awesome that I can now get the chance to get something "new and shiny" and use the latest heavy 7mms. Plus I can't afford gunwerks name so this makes it accessible to me.

Don't get me wrong, there are certainly nothing new here, no revolutionary design or weight, just good marketing and taking a product that is loved(7 RM) and throwing weight behind it, literally with the 190s.
You misunderstand. If it's just the 6.5PRC it will be the approximate twin of the 7SAUM or 7WSM and a very effective round.

My goal however is to build my next 3 rifles all with the same .375 Ruger case just necked down and maybe with the shoulder pushed forward a bit for even more powder capacity.

With the 7-375Rug I'd like to exceed the performance of my STW's if possible or at least equal them at a miniumum

For the 6.5 version I'm hoping to out perform the 6.5LRM which is already running 140's at 3,400fps and 123's A bit north of 3,600fps.

In the long run I would like to have the ability to form my own cases from the parent case for versions in each, 6.5, 7mm, and .338.

With a couple of the big manufacturers now producing 300PRC ammo I'm halfway there.

I have a feeling, and it's just that, but I think Hornady is basing the 7PRC off of Gunwerks 7LRM. The 7LRM is a great cartridge, that I think Hornady tweaked a bit to make it better. I do like that Hornady is waiting to release it, as they are still trying to play catch up on current demands for components and ammunition.
Hornady has been making their brass since before it was even off of the drawing board completely.

The highest demand for the last decade has been for 6.5's and 30 cal's so that's where they started which makes perfect sense.

Recoup all your development and research money putting out the products in highest demand and then start working your way down the ladder.

Yup I just played that part and it's not there now lol. He 100% said it when I first listened to the podcast. Probably got em in trouble when I posted this thread 😂
wouldn't surprise me one bit .... cuzz ya know Super Secret Squirrel ****!! I love how all these giants think they're blowing our minds with these NEW super cartridges.....when us lowly folk have been doing for quite a while and are bored of them already before they unveil them too the world to feist their eyes!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and we all over here like.......🤔

On a side I also find it HILARIOUS that the 7LRM was the end all of 7mm's now the 7PRC will be the new 7LRM .. frickin make up your minds already 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I got a bunch of 375 Ruger brass early on and necked the cases down in all diameters from 6mm to 366 , decided that the Ruger case lacked the capacity I was looking for since it fell far short of the 300 RUM case and didn't exceed the long belted mag case & abandoned it ... There were a handful of other guys messing with the Ruger case in 6.5mm, 270, 7mm, 30 cal & 338, there were a lot of wild claims but none of them were able to produce anything impressive without action testing pressures

Later on the 338 Norma Mag appeared and I found the magic in the improved case format, a far, far, far superior case design vs the Ruger/PRC, that much is undeniable, even the Nosler case design is much better,

Guys keep on bringing up barrel life .... Did y'all know that if you throttle the RUM, NM and Nosler cartridges down to PRC levels then barrel life is the same with far less pressures & near eternal brass life while the 300 PRC guys are popping primers at 70+ k psi trying to prove that it's faster than the 300 Win Mag, as fast as the 30 Nosler and "only" 200 fps slower than the RUM , lol

It's quite hilarious watching the comedy of the PRC mania from the sidelines ..... it defies logic, but funny stuff anyway

there's guys posting up 50 pcs of PRC brass for $400 and more on Gunbroker..... AND it's selling !!!!!!! C'mon man, what's wrong with y'all ?
C45A723F-C6C0-4CDA-8541-5C4736766D7A.jpeg

B1154790-3DED-46DD-B717-AED7442804AB.jpeg

Guys keep on bringing up barrel life .... Did y'all know that if you throttle the RUM, NM and Nosler cartridges down to PRC levels then barrel life is the same with far less pressures & near eternal brass life while the 300 PRC guys are popping primers at 70+ k psi trying to prove that it's faster than the 300 Win Mag, as fast as the 30 Nosler and "only" 200 fps slower than the RUM ,
there's guys posting up 50 pcs of PRC brass for $400 and more on Gunbroker..... AND it's selling !!!!!!! C'mon man, what's wrong with y'all ?
Bbbbut it can match the 300 NM with 10 grains less powder, it's all about efficiency in the case design😉
I dabled with a 30 SM for awile and can attest that there's no magic in the case.
I got tired of screwing with it and built a 30 nosler, which is actually slightly faster!
And Peterson/ADG brass is available everywhere at normal prices.

I laugh a little when people bring up the benefits of the PRC name and all the amazing components that will follow.
Just browse through the classifieds and count the wanted adds for 6.5 prc brass.

At the end of the day though I do believe there's a commercial void to fill in the 7mm line up, and Hornady is smart to capitalize on it

wouldn't surprise me one bit .... cuzz ya know Super Secret Squirrel ****!! I love how all these giants think they're blowing our minds with these NEW super cartridges.....when us lowly folk have been doing for quite a while and are bored of them already before they unveil them too the world to feist their eyes!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and we all over here like.......🤔

On a side I also find it HILARIOUS that the 7LRM was the end all of 7mm's now the 7PRC will be the new 7LRM .. frickin make up your minds already 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Actually if it's done right the 7PRC will exceed the capaibility of the 7LRM by probably 100-200FPS.

If it's just a blown out 6.5PRC then it'll struggle to exceed the 280AI so I'm hoping they'll just neck down the 300PRC with little if any other change to the cartridge.

Bbbbut it can match the 300 NM with 10 grains less powder, it's all about efficiency in the case design😉
I dabled with a 30 SM for awile and can attest that there's no magic in the case.
I got tired of screwing with it and built a 30 nosler, which is actually slightly faster!
And Peterson/ADG brass is available everywhere at normal prices.

I laugh a little when people bring up the benefits of the PRC name and all the amazing components that will follow.
Just browse through the classifieds and count the wanted adds for 6.5 prc brass.

At the end of the day though I do believe there's a commercial void to fill in the 7mm line up, and Hornady is smart to capitalize on it
The 6.5PRC isn't the same brass as the 30 PRC. The 30PRC is just a necked down 375Ruger with a change to the shoulder angle.

The 6.5PRC is actually based off of the 30TC cartridge which is much shorter.

Right now at least there's certainly no shortage of either the 30PRC or .375Rug brass but the demand for the 6.5PRC both in loaded ammo and brass has far exceeded expectations or what the industry was prepared for.