7 PRC SAAMI approved

Yeah.....another new load to give the user an extra 131.24578 ft/ sec and drain the casing market! 😉
How friggin boring to stay with with a SAAMI cartridge.
"Yes sir, I'd like to date your daughter " says the young man.
"Great, but you have to stay inside the fence " says the staunchly old father.

How dull, thought the young man. He ran off with the girl. Put her to work. Straightened her shoulders , changed her posture from that boring church pew figure he met. She could outrun her sisters way past the 440yard dash.

All that young man did was put her in a new environment and she expanded and was better for it, lasted longer than her boring twin sister who had several kids all named SAAMI something or other.

I say date the girl and turn her into a "Hell Kat"
😈

Last edited:
How friggin boring to stay with with a SAAMI cartridge.
"Yes sir, I'd like to date your daughter " says the young man.
"Great, but you have to stay inside the fence " says the staunchly old father.

How dull, thought the young man. He ran off with the girl. Put her to work. Widenend her shoulders , changed her posture from that boring church pew figure he met. She could outrun her sisters way past the 440yard dash.

All that young man did was put her in a new environment and she expanded and was better for it, lasted longer than her boring twin sister who had several kids all named SAAMI something or other.

I say date the girl and turn her into a "Hell Kat"
😈
Lol he widened her shoulders huh…..sorry, head in the gutter at that sentence.

The 6.5 prc was a 6.5 saum or gap 4s renamed and slightly altered . In this case I guess george Gardner showed the way . Although I believe hornady was producing the 6.5 gap cases for Gardner initially.

Jd Jones from ssk did all the hard work on the 300whisper so that years later the 300 blackout took over with pretty much the same ballistic characteristics .

There are probably a few more rounds like that over the world that did not achieve the commercial success the deserved despite the genius of their inventor.
So the 7mm prc could probably be there to counter the 7mm Lrm

Too little too late in my mind, already so many long action iterations in 7mm already. I could be wrong tho hornady has some excellent marketing. The Sherman cases filled the hole in the short action crowd that I could see unless you're someone that can't or won't reload. Honestly Winchester had their heads buried when they made the 6.8 western and not 7mm

300 PRC necked down is the 28 Sherman. Been shooting it for years. Nothing new except Steve Hornady is now getting his cut for using PRC. They should give Rich a cut for showing them they way.
No, it's not. The 300prc necked down to 284, is a 7mm-300prc. It has a 30° shoulder and 0.010/" taper, not a 40° shoulder and 0.0067/" taper ala PO Ackley shoulder Sherman taper. The 28SM is a 7/300prc improved. Guys pushing 195s at 3200 fps with 97 gr of powder where a 28 nosler which holds 103gr powder usually pressures out at 3130-3150. How is this possible in the realm of physics?

No, it's not. The 300prc necked down to 284, is a 7mm-300prc. It has a 30° shoulder and 0.010/" taper, not a 40° shoulder and 0.0067/" taper ala PO Ackley shoulder Sherman taper. The 28SM is a 7/300prc improved. Guys pushing 195s at 3200 fps with 97 gr of powder where a 28 nosler which holds 103gr powder usually pressures out at 3130-3150. How is this possible in the realm of physics?
I think you missed the point that this is a money grab by Steve Hornady. Appreciate the science though.

Too little too late in my mind, already so many long action iterations in 7mm already. I could be wrong tho hornady has some excellent marketing. The Sherman cases filled the hole in the short action crowd that I could see unless you're someone that can't or won't reload. Honestly Winchester had their heads buried when they made the 6.8 western and not 7mm
Thing is, while the Sherman's are good in all ways, they're not saami approved and no factory ammo available. Factory ammo is a big deal even if you do reload.

Recent Posts