6mm/85 Sierra Varminter Coyote

SIERRA'S #1530 BTHP HAS BEEN USED ALOT IN MY CAMP WITH AMAZING RESULTS :) gun)GITTERS TO DEER !!!!!!!

I think my difference is I am not using the varminter version. I need to try that one.
Try it, not as tough as the BTHP. I like them better as do a couple of buds that tried the HP only to see a lot of running coyotes and deer. That 85 SP opens just a bit quicker and kills stuff in its shadow.

I have never tried the Sierra match bullets on game. I guess I'll have to give it a go. I know from experience that the Hornady Amax and Berger hybrid target bullets perform in much the same way these are being described.

Ever used the 87 berger vld hunting? My remmy loves it on the range but never shoot any game with it. Wondering if I should give the 85 sierras a try

I wouldn't hesitate to shoot game with the Berger hunting vlds. If you are worried about long range pin-holes you can anneal the bullet tips to ensure expansion, but it's not likely to be an issue.

I used to use the Sierra 70 gr matchkings and had good terminal performance and the fur buyer never complained. The only ones that got away or had a large hole were shot too far back.

Now that I have switched to the 85 gr hpbt gamekings They seem to drop instantly, but do have more fur damage.

I have killed truck loads if WT, muleys, hogs, and vermin with the sierra 80gr blitz out of a 6x45ai rifle. Does extremely well at a 3100 fps muzzle velocity. Dont know what the results may be at 3400-3500 from a .243 or 6mm though.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.