6mm Creedmoor all range coyote load

Can't say I've tried to shoot one over 600 yards, but I doubt there's a great option for both under 100 and over 600. I use 87gr vmax handloads at 3200 fps and rarely blow them up at close range with good shot placement, and reliably take them out to 400.

Did NOT have, any "Consistent" Grouping out of, My 1-7.5 twist, 6 XC barrel with, the 87 gr., V-Maxes.
Gave all of, them to, my Grandson for Practice, in his .243 Win., 1-10 tw, Tikka and they shoot, very "well" for, Him.
The 95 grain, Berg., Classic Hunters at, 3,100+,.. shoot, and, Kill, well ( like, Straight Shooter above,.. said ) an Awesome Bullet !
Also have been trying, the Hornady 103 Grain, ELD-X's that, will put, 5 shots into, a 1/2" group at, 115 yds,..
Decisions,.. Decisions,.. LOL !

Last edited:
105 Hornady HpBt at MV 2950, 8 twist. Good cheap bullet having target type jacket, modest size metplat opening, with soft core. Good for 600 - 800, effective, high energy, some expansion but not a bomb under 100. Don't expect an icepick effect but no extensive destruction. Cabello's has them for $31/100. The 105 Barnes Match Burner is similar.

The 87 VMax is a bomb at most ranges with a MV of about 3,300 fps. An amazing bullet, despite its modest ballistics numbers it delivers destruction up to 600 with MV's at 3200-3450. My favorite for 6mm AI, 10 twist, at just under 3,500. 6mm-06, 8 twist blew them up, gray smoke.

Hello to all, I too like Vmax anything! I do shoot bot Sierra & Bergers too. But I'm not after hides .Just DRT 'yotes !! I currently own (3) 6cm, while building a Rem 700 1/9tw, I did get a Ruger APR 1/8tw to hold me over. Believe it or not. silly Ruger has out performed the Rem. with everything so far?? Just last sat. picked up a SA 2020 WayPoint (have a .308 too.) but haven't gone out with it due highwinds here and lit'l snow. Not very fun to me sitting breaking in/cleaning or for load Development needs. Hope this helps all who considering a 6mm of any choice. Thank you to all that take a moment to post thier experiance's, for all who reads this forum.Thank you. Good luck out there guys and mostly, Enjoy your time and Hunts!! NSN/75w

The lapua scenar bullets might be a fur friendly option. From reports they don't seem to open up like typical match bullets on game, although they might pinhole to.
Anyone used them on coyotes?
I use the 6mm 55gr Nosler BT and Hornady 87gr bthp on coyotes but usually with in 300-400 yards. As stated above the 87gr v max might do well at the longer ranges with slower impact velocity's.