Custom Coyote/Varmint Rifle 223

My 223AI started life as a Rem 700 LTR 223. The Rem LTR's always shoot pretty good right out of the box but after a year or so I got bored with it so I dropped it off at my gunsmiths and he trued up the action then hung a new Hart 9tw barrel on it and chambered it in 223AI. I've pretty much only ever shot 53gr Vmax and it's deadly on coyotes, one of the most accurate guns I own. I shoot it suppressed 100% of the time and it's crazy quiet.

Nothing supersonic is quiet. All a can does for supersonic is remove directional information. I.E. the Yote cannot pinpoint you.

And for Window Licker, anytime you wish to wager who can get off three MOA shoots faster (AR vs bolt gun) for let's say $5000.00, I am ready and waiting.

"That is really funny. When the 3 Yotes come into my call and rabbit. I'll kill them all with my suppressed AR while you are fumbling with your bolt."
Not an expert, nor do I coyote hunt. I do have a question however. Is the rabbit in a cage, or is it a tame rabbit?

I had a bad experience out coyote hunting several years ago when I brought a buddy who was rocking an AR - dude had a spray and pray mentality. The entire trip he kept telling me ARs were the way to go because they allowed faster follow up shots. I called in 5 dogs that trip and he didnt kill a single one - unloaded a mag at every single dog. I swore off ARs that day and generally dont hunt with people who use them.

I am a bolt guy -I have killed a lot of doubles and a few triples. Never once have I wished I had quicker follow up shots.

I had a bad experience out coyote hunting several years ago when I brought a buddy who was rocking an AR - dude had a spray and pray mentality. The entire trip he kept telling me ARs were the way to go because they allowed faster follow up shots. I called in 5 dogs that trip and he didnt kill a single one - unloaded a mag at every single dog. I swore off ARs that day and generally dont hunt with people who use them.

I am a bolt guy -I have killed a lot of doubles and a few triples. Never once have I wished I had quicker follow up shots.
Maybe you should have 6.5-300Bee tag along, next time. Apparently he can afford to pay for gas as well???

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.