6.5PRC factory ammo options?

Bigeclipse

I know 6.5prc is only in it's infancy but im wondering from those of you who have been through numerous releases of new cartridge designs...how long after the cartridge's launch until you see other brands releasing ammo? So far it appears only Hornady has released 2 types of factory offerings for the 6.5prc (EldX and EldM). Assuming the PRC somewhat takes off and does not go the way of the dodo, how much longer until we see Nosler, Federal, Remington or other offerings? No im not expecting the 6.5prc to become the next creedmore in ammo options but I am hopeful that some other brands release some factory offerings, especially seeing that many people are starting to purchase rifles in the 6.5prc cartridge. thoughts?

I believe Nosler announced it will be loading the 120 E-Tip for the 6.5 PRC. Gunwerks also has a couple offerings for the 6.5 PRC, though they are expensive.

As popular as the PRC appears, I don't think it will be long before we see other options from ammo manufacturers.

You can already see the Nosler 120gr E-tip on Midway for a premium of $54 and expected arrival of 1-19-20. I've heard that Barnes is going to offer the 127 LRX in addition. If you wait 2 weeks for shot show there might even be more.

You can already see the Nosler 120gr E-tip on Midway for a premium of $54 and expected arrival of 1-19-20. I've heard that Barnes is going to offer the 127 LRX in addition. If you wait 2 weeks for shot show there might even be more.
Hmm I didn't realize the etip was out but dang 54$ a box! Unless these prices drop below 45$ I'll definitely be reloading.

I know 6.5prc is only in it's infancy but im wondering from those of you who have been through numerous releases of new cartridge designs...how long after the cartridge's launch until you see other brands releasing ammo? So far it appears only Hornady has released 2 types of factory offerings for the 6.5prc (EldX and EldM). Assuming the PRC somewhat takes off and does not go the way of the dodo, how much longer until we see Nosler, Federal, Remington or other offerings? No im not expecting the 6.5prc to become the next creedmore in ammo options but I am hopeful that some other brands release some factory offerings, especially seeing that many people are starting to purchase rifles in the 6.5prc cartridge. thoughts?

Lots of people out there will load u up custom ammo with what every you want. I load up ammo for buddies of mine and there price is a case of beer with the stipulations that they have to drink it with me talking stories.

Cheers

Lots of people out there will load u up custom ammo with what every you want. I load up ammo for buddies of mine and there price is a case of beer with the stipulations that they have to drink it with me talking stories.

Cheers
I reload already but just don't have the time as I used to so looking for some factory ammo. I did not like the performance of the eldx at close range. Yes it killed the buck but it also blew up. I only hunt to 400 yards so just need sub 1 moa. I was hopeful some monometal or Accubonds would be offered soon but not at those prices lol. At those prices I'd just load up some hammer bullets.

I reload already but just don't have the time as I used to so looking for some factory ammo. I did not like the performance of the eldx at close range. Yes it killed the buck but it also blew up. I only hunt to 400 yards so just need sub 1 moa. I was hopeful some monometal or Accubonds would be offered soon but not at those prices lol. At those prices I'd just load up some hammer bullets.

I hear ya. Price of ammo this day and type on certain rounds will keep the plinking down.

With the two really good loads that Hornady offers, you should be covered
They are not good at close range. I used them this year and they blew up. Both deer recovered and didn't go far but I didn't like the results and all I hit was a rib on both.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts