6.5 x 06 Just input

Thanks. Think 8.5 handles the 150 Smk?
Heard you can use 06 cases with enough lube and go straight to 264 without annealing?

I'm not saying it cant be done just an 8 is on the safe side.
I'm not a fan of over twisting either, I dont like going over 1.9

How light can go, 100 grain? What about getting the lighter bullets getting near the lands?
I resize 06 to 270, but they do come up short, but no big deal. Just that the Rem 721 throat is huge, can't get near the lands even with 150's, haven't tried any heavier.
One big snag is leaving the gun to my son or son- in -law and may not reload. Wish they would factory load 65-06 again

Been shooting my 6.5-06 for a few years now. The barrel is an E.R. Shaw 24" light sporter weight. Stainless with 1/8 twist. It shoots accurately any bullet weight I have shot threw it from a 100gr Sierra HP to a 140gr. The primary bullet I shoot because it penetrates so well on elk is the Barnes 120gr TSX. Safe in my rifle , CCI LR primer, 53.5grs IMR 4350 , Win brass , 3277 fps. Gets to my 522yd target right now & dead center. Super accurate, with excellent case life. I use once fired 25-06 brass necked up. A super economical cartridge to shoot. Same performance as the 6.5-284, 6.5 Rem mag & 6.5 PRC. Never ending supply of economical brass as you can also neck down 30-06 . You of course you should get the same results from other reliable barrel companies.

Your gonna have a hard time running the proper freebore for bullets in the 100-150 grain. You'll probably have alot of jump or alot of bullet stuffed in the neck.

I'm running .135 freebore just above the neck shoulder junction since 06 has a long neck

I know there's going to be bullet jump issues on the lighter weights, be happy to get down to the 120's.
What kind of jump are you running with the 120's?
That's why I like the 06 case and neck length, to handle the long bullets.
Probably going to do a Remage, not sure which barrel yet.
Where do you get your barrel engraved if the maker doesn't do it? And what do you do if it's not stamped?