6.5 x 06 Just input

The 6.5x06AI I put together for my nephew has an 8 twist 26". I'm doing another one for a friend's wife that will have a 24" 8 twist with a suppressor.

I'll be in the 130-140 grain area.
I think you should be fine. However, you might consider 1:7" in case you decide to shoot bullets requiring a faster twist, esp. with monolithic bullets. Berger recommends a minimum of 1:8" twist. So I went with 1"7" to ensure I got optimal bullet stabilization requirement—just a thought for you to ponder.

I think you should be fine. However, you might consider 1:7" in case you decide to shoot bullets requiring a faster twist, esp. with monolithic bullets. Berger recommends a minimum of 1:8" twist. So I went with 1"7" to ensure I got optimal bullet stabilization requirement—just a thought for you to ponder.
Shaw barrels only offers 1-8 and 1-9 twist doesn't mean I couldn't call and get something different.

If your heart is set for the ERS and does not intend to shoot bullets that require faster than 1:8", you should be GTG!
My heart isn't set on ERS it's just the only barrel I can find for 200 bucks lol. All the rest are minimum of 450-500. And was just trying to throw this gun together pretty cheap and have some fun with it. Maybe next round I'll getting a more expensive barrel.

My heart isn't set on ERS it's just the only barrel I can find for 200 bucks lol. All the rest are minimum of 450-500. And was just trying to throw this gun together pretty cheap and have some fun with it. Maybe next round I'll getting a more expensive barrel.
ERS's price is hard to beat esp. if they shoot. I have no experience with them but I have seen old posts from other members that were pleased with them.

ERS's price is hard to beat esp. if they shoot. I have no experience with them but I have seen old posts from other members that were pleased with them.
Yeah I have a ERS on a 6.5 grendel ar that seams to shoot decent I have only shot it once to sight in. And I have one on a 10/22. The first custom ish rifle I built was a Ruger American and I put it in an MDT chassis with a preferred barrel. So I don't have a lot of experience with any barrel manufacture really but I had an old 270 win sitting in the safe that I don't ever shoot and got another MDT chassis on sale for Black Friday. And have plenty of 6.5 bullets so I figured I'd try to throw something together cheap and see if I can get it to shoot decent lol.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. I say go for it. I have a REM 700 Sendero with a Shilen barrel 6.5-06. Fun to play with.

Yeah I have a ERS on a 6.5 grendel ar that seams to shoot decent I have only shot it once to sight in. And I have one on a 10/22. The first custom ish rifle I built was a Ruger American and I put it in an MDT chassis with a preferred barrel. So I don't have a lot of experience with any barrel manufacture really but I had an old 270 win sitting in the safe that I don't ever shoot and got another MDT chassis on sale for Black Friday. And have plenty of 6.5 bullets so I figured I'd try to throw something together cheap and see if I can get it to shoot decent lol.
There is only one way to find out - go for it; good luck!