6.5 Grendel hunting bullet

The Barnes 127 LRX. Shot Great with 32 grs CFE223 lit up by CCI 450 sparker to 2878 avg by my Lab Radar 3 shots into .590 👍
That has to be a bolt gun right?
That's a long bullet and eats up case quick.
That's a very hot load for any bullet around that weight. Not saying it's not safe in your rifle but 2878fps is really pushing it.

Yes it is a Howa Mini 1500 I worked up to the 32 grs and it is on the edge But no bolt lift or extraction problems and no primer flattening or cratering either ! I can still be in the 2800 plus FPS with 31 grs so I will settle there with this bullet . 👍

Yes it is a Howa Mini 1500 I worked up to the 32 grs and it is on the edge But no bolt lift or extraction problems and no primer flattening or cratering either ! I can still be in the 2800 plus FPS with 31 grs so I will settle there with this bullet . 👍
I have a Howa mini. What is your COAL with this combo? From what I remember there isn't a lot of extra room in the magazine?

These little guns are ridiculously accurate for an out of the box rifle.

I'm gonna have to try this but I don't see any way you are getting 32 grains of CFE in a case with a 127 LRX bullet seated at 2.250.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
How the heck do you get that much in second how is it not way over pressure pushing that heavy of bullet at that speed.
Barnes are not known for low engraving pressure either.
Although I've learned to never say never. Just based on how wide of performance difference some people see in what should be the same round. Usually it shows in improved version.

32 grs cfe223 powder dropped thru a 6 " tube Only brings the powder
level to just above the shoulder of the case I seat the bullet to 2.250 and crimp with lee crimp die Works for ME 👍😀

I did NOT post this as a load to USE ! merely MY findings of this load in MY rifle not Yours ! 🤷🏼

I just plugged your data into QL because it seemed off. It only spits out numbers based on numbers put it. It doesn't know or care about what rifle it's going in. QL says 32 grains of CFE223 with a 127 LRX @2.250" is 109% fill and 70k psi.

I've been loading Grendel for at least 10
years so I have an idea of what is "normal" and what sounds strange.

This is how deep that bullet sits in the case based on your parameters.

AEB38288-1FCA-4E67-A690-4BED98ED36EF.jpeg

Thanks for the info Mike - It's Very Much Appreciated 👍😊
You need too get a bigger case , wood pecker hunter , I think your over compressed and over pressured . You need too rethink what your doing.Mikes illustration hopefully makes you go back too the drawing board , like maybe try some 97 gr Hammer absolutes.

I just plugged your data into QL because it seemed off. It only spits out numbers based on numbers put it. It doesn't know or care about what rifle it's going in. QL says 32 grains of CFE223 with a 127 LRX @2.250" is 109% fill and 70k psi.

I've been loading Grendel for at least 10
years so I have an idea of what is "normal" and what sounds strange.

This is how deep that bullet sits in the case based on your parameters.

View attachment 351657
Thanks mike, I don't have quickloads but that is what I was thinking when he posted that load. How was my question. Barnes are similar to hammers and no way could I get that out of a 124 hammer heck even the 123.
I was at his speeds with the 99 and that was pushing it.
And here I thought mike was the king of extracting the most out of the Grendel.