6.5 Grendel hunting bullet

Morning , i have been following these new bullets and forum discussions for a while now .
i have tried monos in the past both accuracy issues and low BC have made me ditch the 4 brands i have tried .
i am a experienced handloader and competitive shooter , i load for everything i shoot , i have wildcats and have made brass and started ammo with no load data . Not bragging just giving you my back ground.
i bought 400 AH 97 gr to run in my grendel and 260 rem , as states seem to be changing the game laws i want to be ready with rifle that i have confidence in using.
ok the meat of the experience, picked RL 10x as this was mentioned many times as a go to for grendel and 97's
ladder test lapua brass ,cci pri, oal @ 2.255 self built ar 15 proof research carbon wrap bbl 18" barrel was broken in with cup and core 45 rounds total, the last cleaning was chemical copper cleaner kg12 and jb abrasive cleaner. 5 shot fouler at 24.5 grs to start off.
2 each loaded 25gr,25.5gr25.8 26.1
shot at 270 yrds 25 gr two shot grp was horizontal@ 1/2"
25.5 gr two shot grp was horizontal cutting holes , big smile but thinking it was a fluke.
25.8two shot grp was 3/8" horizontal ,big smile
26.1 two shot grp was 1" grp mostly horizontal
No pressure signs recoil very mild
back to loading bench loaded 26.5,26.8 27.1 27.4 two each
26.5 two grp 2-1/2" grp wild spacing
26.8 two shot grp and the 27.1 two shot grp was 5/8" horizontal
27.4 grp was 2" and wild just started seeing flat pri no marks on head of brass
i loaded one 27.4 and chrono it 2704 fps. Slow by forum peoples claims .
back to bench loaded two each 27.8 gr 28.1gr 28.4 some pri metal flow into bolt face firing pin hole and head case marks both at 28.1 and 28.4
all three pairs of grps were over 2" wild and pressure signs were showing up.
Loaded one 28.6 gr firing it and both head case marks and primer flow into bolt firing pin clearance. I call max at 28.2 +-
back to load 27 grs as ladder showed 26.8 and 27.1 to be good pair grping and at same plane on target.
5 shot grp at 100 yrds 4 in ragged hole 1 just outside almost cuttin the 4 .
happy as this is the best grping copper bullet i have used.
chrono =10 rounds big frown 2670 avg 12 sd
zeroed @ 200 yrds shot grp @ 450 measured actual drop 39-5/8" calculated g7 bc @ .153 repeated @ .156 mild frown
the 100 gr eld's i have used in a proof 20" bbl yield for years have been .180 bc @ 2765 fps
I may pick up a touch more speed as barrel round count goes over 100 but i've never had a 200 fps gain after barrel is fully broke in .
this post is not to start a debate or stomping my feet like a two yr old. Just posting my results with the above listed .
it was suggested that I try tac with same 97 AH bullet and i will post the results .

Morning , i have been following these new bullets and forum discussions for a while now .
i have tried monos in the past both accuracy issues and low BC have made me ditch the 4 brands i have tried .
i am a experienced handloader and competitive shooter , i load for everything i shoot , i have wildcats and have made brass and started ammo with no load data . Not bragging just giving you my back ground.
i bought 400 AH 97 gr to run in my grendel and 260 rem , as states seem to be changing the game laws i want to be ready with rifle that i have confidence in using.
ok the meat of the experience, picked RL 10x as this was mentioned many times as a go to for grendel and 97's
ladder test lapua brass ,cci pri, oal @ 2.255 self built ar 15 proof research carbon wrap bbl 18" barrel was broken in with cup and core 45 rounds total, the last cleaning was chemical copper cleaner kg12 and jb abrasive cleaner. 5 shot fouler at 24.5 grs to start off.
2 each loaded 25gr,25.5gr25.8 26.1
shot at 270 yrds 25 gr two shot grp was horizontal@ 1/2"
25.5 gr two shot grp was horizontal cutting holes , big smile but thinking it was a fluke.
25.8two shot grp was 3/8" horizontal ,big smile
26.1 two shot grp was 1" grp mostly horizontal
No pressure signs recoil very mild
back to loading bench loaded 26.5,26.8 27.1 27.4 two each
26.5 two grp 2-1/2" grp wild spacing
26.8 two shot grp and the 27.1 two shot grp was 5/8" horizontal
27.4 grp was 2" and wild just started seeing flat pri no marks on head of brass
i loaded one 27.4 and chrono it 2704 fps. Slow by forum peoples claims .
back to bench loaded two each 27.8 gr 28.1gr 28.4 some pri metal flow into bolt face firing pin hole and head case marks both at 28.1 and 28.4
all three pairs of grps were over 2" wild and pressure signs were showing up.
Loaded one 28.6 gr firing it and both head case marks and primer flow into bolt firing pin clearance. I call max at 28.2 +-
back to load 27 grs as ladder showed 26.8 and 27.1 to be good pair grping and at same plane on target.
5 shot grp at 100 yrds 4 in ragged hole 1 just outside almost cuttin the 4 .
happy as this is the best grping copper bullet i have used.
chrono =10 rounds big frown 2670 avg 12 sd
zeroed @ 200 yrds shot grp @ 450 measured actual drop 39-5/8" calculated g7 bc @ .153 repeated @ .156 mild frown
the 100 gr eld's i have used in a proof 20" bbl yield for years have been .180 bc @ 2765 fps
I may pick up a touch more speed as barrel round count goes over 100 but i've never had a 200 fps gain after barrel is fully broke in .
this post is not to start a debate or stomping my feet like a two yr old. Just posting my results with the above listed .
it was suggested that I try tac with same 97 AH bullet and i will post the results .
I've hit just under 3k in my 20" Bartlein barrel on my 6.5 Grendel AR with 97AH and RL10x. Not sure why your was so slow.

Yeh. I was a lil disappointed with the fps , and i cant get anywhere near the 28+ grs most are loading .
this bullet has been the most accurate i have loaded in this cal.
after the tac ladder test if its still slow , which im expecting , then i ll try them in a 260 gas gun next , i have varget .

Yeh. I was a lil disappointed with the fps , and i cant get anywhere near the 28+ grs most are loading .
this bullet has been the most accurate i have loaded in this cal.
after the tac ladder test if its still slow , which im expecting , then i ll try them in a 260 gas gun next , i have varget .
Curious if it's the lapua brass?
I'm using Starline but have 100 lapua. It may be so much thicker that you can get past the 28gr easily.
Mine fall right in line with mikes. In fact my bolt gun 16" won't even start to show pressure till we'll pst 3k