6.5 Grendel

Grendel forum. Lots of info. They can be a little persnickety over there lol. I've mainly used 8208,AR comp and lever evolution a little bit. I also use a light crimp with the lee factory crimp die.

Seems like that first one is extinct
Almost, but not quite. 😁
IMG_1041.jpeg

AA2520 works really well, it's one of the original powders used in development. It's also been available the last couple months both local and online. I have used most of the others mentioned as well. In our area I pretty much buy whatever powder is available, waiting for specific powder has not got me shooting!

+1 to 8208XBR it has always been the best accuracy wise for me. I tried a bit of AA2520 and initial tests looked good but until I run out of the 8208 I haven't done much with it. Unfortunately it will probably be the end of this year or middle of next from the looks of things and Ill have to develop some new loads.
AR Comp gave almost me almost identical results to 8208XBR if you can find that.

I've settled on 28.4 grains of H335 with 123 Hornady SSTs. I get 2450 fps, excellent accuracy and consistency with both of my ARs - a 22" Faxon barrel target set up and a 16" Faxon barrel hunting rig ( looks like 20 fps slower in the 16")
I've tried CFE223, VVN133, H322 and one or two others I can't think of right now, but I stopped looking after I tried this recipe. I took a WT doe, and my son took a WT buck with the 16" gun this year. Lots of fun hunting with the AR and the bullets sure killed them, but I might try the 92g Power Hunters from Hammer Bullets or the 99g Hammer Hunters for next year.
You won't be dissapointed with this fun little cartridge!