6.5 creedmoor FPS in the real world

bigbulls

Think about building a new custom 6.5 creed with 24-26" barrel. Looking for real world velocity/FPS using 140-143 grain bullets. I see the manufacturers ammo numbers but wanting some numbers from the reloaders out there.

Just chronoed my 24" Creed AR-10 3 hrs ago. Ran Hornady factory 140 ELDM at 2700.

Superperformance powder and virgin brass handloads 2 gr under max at 2740 and RL17 1 under max at 2670 in virgin brass both with the 143 ELD-X.

Superperformance is looking great so far. Very tight group. Shot 10 into 3/4 off of a terrible bench in the rain.

26" Christensen Arms Summit TI TH. 42 gr of H-4350 under a 140 Berger VLD in Prime brass. 2820 fps over a Magneto speed drops confirmed to 1000.

Jeff

hummm good to know about superformance if h4350 stays missing

Is that H-4350 stuff that powder that falls outa unicorns a$$es when they are eating sasquatch poop? Been looking 6 months, been to 30+ stores and some online. Superperformance it is for now.. If I ever see any H-4350 I will probably have a heart attack and die before I can load it, or maybe just go win the Powerball lol.

Anyone know how to track an IP address so I can find someone's house? I also need a dog that can sniff out powder and or some kind of electronics explosive detector maybe. Map of Plano TX would also help.:)

H4350 showed up on shelves here about a month to 6 weeks ago. I think we got this at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Thanks will ck online. Nice to see someone who is willing to share a find like that. I was about to track down some dude in Plano TX who has 8lbs in his basement.

With 140 Bergers I run them at 2820 with H4831 and 2850 with RL17. I just ran some test loads with the 147 ELDs at 2834 but I have no idea how the primer pockets will hold up on that load even though I have no other signs of pressure.

RL 26 is a new Alliant powder that is giving screaming performance in .260 remington and other calibers. Using similar loads to h4350 people are getting an increase 150-200fps without any pressure signs in several calibers.

IF I get time I'll try some this week in the .260 with the Peregrine 125gr (monometal) and maybe try some with the 143gr Eld-X.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts