280 AI Real World Feedback

Good morning all, I'm planning my next build and am heavily considering 280 AI on a Tikka action. Would like to keep this fairly light for a mountain rifle but mainly looking for a non-magnum caliber with plenty of punch for those long shots out west. Have done lots of hunting with 7 Mag and 300 win Mag but after spending some time with my 6CM lately I've come to appreciate the shootability of a softer shooting gun (I also shoot suppressed). I don't reload yet so ammo is limited to factory offerings or ordering from somebody like Unkown Munitions.

*Mainly just wanting to hear about you experience with this round on all types of game and at what distances. Thanks!
One trend you might notice is that most of us 280 AI owners reload and I think your two options for factory will be Hornady and Nosler. I use 168 grain Berger FLD Hunting, reloader 26 powder, Nosler brass, and Winchester Large Rifle primers. Dropped about 500 lb. cow Elk at 422 yards with one shot. Good round but recommend slowly getting into reloading if reloading components are ever available for reasonable prices again.

I just started loading the 280 AI and it seems the loading manuals and published recipies are very conservative in most cases. I have not seen any pressure signs from any of the top velocity loads and I'm getting 7 RM velocities with very little impact on the fired case.