Real world experience with a B14 Begara?

Wachsmann

Does any one have any first hand experience with the B14 Begara base model?. The ones with the grey stock. How do the shoot. Probably will be hand loading.

Does any one have any first hand experience with the B14 Begara base model?. The ones with the grey stock. How do the shoot. Probably will be hand loading.
I have a 6 creedmoor it took several shells to get it to settle in but once I got through that it shoots really good not disappointed at all. David

I have the "cheapie" Ridge in .300 PRC. It would not shoot Hornady Precision Hunter or Match less than 1.250-1.500. Spent a while finding a decent load of 8133 behind a 205gr Elite Hunter. Tried many from 168gr to 225gr. Did not like RL26 or H1000 as well as 8133. Groups below include a 3 shot and a 5 shot with fouler x-out. I may try N570 if I can find some but I've had about enough testing for the time being.
Probably not bad for money and large caliber, but we always want better LOL.

Attachments

• 9162D964-9BE5-46A8-8D8B-EA7051C74712.jpeg
    9162D964-9BE5-46A8-8D8B-EA7051C74712.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
  • AE72E076-4109-465F-922E-BBBFD89E1134.jpeg
    AE72E076-4109-465F-922E-BBBFD89E1134.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 148
I had the Ridge with the green stock in .308. It shot around .75 moa with box Hornady ammo. But I eventually sold it bc I could never get it to cycle correctly and I didn't trust it to hunt with. I don't think this is a common issue though. I've seen a lot of great reviews on them, especially for the money.

I have a B-14 Ridge in 6.5CM, it's a really good rifle. Hard to beat for the price really. My copy has functioned flawlessly, the action is smooth, and it's a joy to shoot.
It performs really well for a factory rifle with handloaded 143 ELDX and 140 ELDM

First, here is the prerequisite cherry picked 3 shot group that I will probably never be able to replicate.
IMG_20200102_153006218.jpg

It, (I) don't shoot that way all the time. Here is a more realistic group with my mediocre shooting
IMG_20190202_121023848.jpg

I really like mine, it's a very consistent performer.

Bought a hunter model in 7-08, used. At the start it shot wild. All over the place. Checked out the barrel and could see copper with a pin light. Two hours of pro shot copper remover, then fouling shots it was around moa. Some days better depending on shooter interface. Killed quite a few white tails with it. Belongs to someone else now. But all and all I was happy with it.

I have a lefty HMR in .308. With Sierra 175 MatchKings I'm running around 0.5 MOA @ 100yds. No function problems at all. 20 round break-in by shooting and cleaning after every shot for the first 10 than every other shot after that.

Bergara does guarantee sub MOA accuracy with factory match ammo. If your rifle fails to meet this, you can Sent it to Bergara and they will clean it and test it to see if it makes the grade. If it doesn't, they will likely send you a replacement rifle. I only have one Bergara now but I have ordered a B14r also. I am very happy with Bergara. It makes the grade!

Bergara does guarantee sub MOA accuracy with factory match ammo. If your rifle fails to meet this, you can Sent it to Bergara and they will clean it and test it to see if it makes the grade. If it doesn't, they will likely send you a replacement rifle. I only have one Bergara now but I have ordered a B14r also. I am very happy with Bergara. It makes the grade!
Is that guarantee for a 3 shot or 5 shot group and do they have the same guarantee for the 3 basic grade rifles?

The guarantee is for a three shot group. They shoot two groups. If both groups are under 1 moa it passes. If only on of the three shot groups is under 1 moa they shoot another group. If that group is under 1 moa it passes. If not, it fails. In that case they will likely check the rifle for issues or send you a new rifle. As far as I know that is the case with all B14 rifles.

From Bergara

Bergara rifles brought in for accuracy issues will be:

1. Inspected, cleaned, lubed, headspaced
  2. Have action screws torqued to the proper setting of 55 in/lb.
  3. Recrowned (if crown appears damaged)
  4. Sent to an outdoor range to be shot for accuracy. All centerfires are tested at 100 yds. All rimfires are tested at 50 yds.
Shooting procedure:

1. High quality optic will be mounted to eliminate scope as a variable (Nightforce NXS 5x22x50mm, or Swarovski X5i 5x25x56mm)
  2. Gun will be boresighted, zeroed, then allowed to cool.
  3. Gunsmith will fire (2), 3 shot groups, each from a cold bore. Supported by a front and rear bag only (no lead sled, no fixtures) using ONE of OUR recommended loads.
  4. If both groups measure smaller than 1 MOA, the gun passes. If neither do, the gun fails. If only one passes, a third group will be shot. If 2/3 groups are sub MOA, the gun passes. The best target will be labeled and sent to the customer if it passes.
  5. If rifle fails, the replacement rifle will be accuracy tested before being sent out.
Note: We cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of anybody's handloads. If a gun comes in for an issue, and it is tested with the ammo we have for testing, and it passes without any hangups, we have every reason to believe the issue has either been corrected by our gunsmiths, or that the issue was stemming from the customer's choice in ammo that is beyond our control. We do our best to maintain consistency in everything we do, especially testing. However, there are demand spikes in the ammunition market that do affect everyone's ability to purchase ammo, including ours. Our recommended loads are intended to be a helpful tool to get you started in the right direction, but we do occasionally have to use other loads for testing when can't find the ones we want.

Recommended loads:

.223 Remington- Hornady 55 gr VMAX, Hornady 75 gr. BTHP

.243 Win.- Hornady 100 gr. Interlock

.270 win- Nosler 130 gr. Accubond

7mm-08-Hornady 120 Gr. SST

7mm Mag-Norma 156 gr. Oryx, Hornady 162 gr. ELD-X

.30-06- Barnes 168 gr. TSX, Hornady 178 Gr. ELD-X

.300 BLK- Hornady 208 gr AMAX

.300 Win Mag- Berger 185 gr Juggernaut, Norma 180 gr. Oryx

.308 win- 168 Federal Gold Medal Match, 175 gr. Federal Gold Medal Match, Berger 175 gr OTM

6.5 Creedmoor- Hornady 140 gr. ELD Match, Hornady 143 Gr. ELD-X

.44 mag-Hornady 300 gr. FTX

.35 Whelen- Hornady 200 gr. Superformance

6MM Creedmoor-Hornady 108 gr. ELD-Match

280 AI- Nosler Trophy Grade 140 gr. Accubond

.22-250 Rem.- Hornady 55 gr. VMAX, Nosler 64 gr. BSB

.450 Bushmaster-Hornady 250 gr. FTX

6.5 PRC – Hornady 147 gr. ELD-M

300 PRC – Hornady 225 gr. ELD-M

28 Nosler – Match Grade 28 Nosler 168 gr

BXR .22 – CCI Standard, Blazer 40gr LRN, Federal Gold Medal Target, Eley Match OSP, Avoid bulk ammo with coated projectiles

B-14R .22 – Eley Tennex, Eley Match, Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match, Lapua Center X