Real world 6.5cm vs prc

Threejs

I have all of the parts gathered for a build except the action. I was going to build a 6.5 prc just to have a little more gas than a 6.5CM. I have a 22" proof bbl. anyone have some real experience in velocity difference. If I can only gain 100-150 FPS I will shoot the quiet little CM

Also keep barrel life and component availability in mind. I have a few of both, and I think of them differently. I think nothing of burning a few hundred rounds of creed keeping my skills sharp, but I only use my prc ammo for hunting, and typically when I know there may be longer shot opportunities. Otherwise, that extra powder, recoil, and shortened barrel life are wasted. There isn't an animal that I'd shoot with a prc that I wouldn't shoot with a creed, so in my mind, it only gives me a bit more effective range.

I was thinking a PRC because I have no real plans at the moment and the versatility would be nice. If it can gain me 300fps it would be worth the extra cost, recoil, etc. I'm building a fairly light rig so it can be a sheep/goat/deer whatever rig

I can only offer experience with the creedmoor. With rl-26 a 140 eld can be pushed to 3000-3025fps in a 26in barrel and 2900-2925 with a 22in barrel. However, most common powders will land a 26in barrel at 2825-2850 and a 22in 2750-2800
How many loads are you getting on the brass before loose primer pockets?

I was thinking a PRC because I have no real plans at the moment and the versatility would be nice. If it can gain me 300fps it would be worth the extra cost, recoil, etc. I'm building a fairly light rig so it can be a sheep/goat/deer whatever rig
You can run the 156 Bergers as well. Guy I shot with was 3050fps out of his 6.5 PRC hitting at 1 mile.

Threejs---come back and tell us what your yearly uses will be and for what game.

When are your sheep and goat hunts booked for?

How many loads are you getting on the brass before loose primer pockets?
not to take this thread down the wrong road but 2900-2925 in a 22" is more than likely 70K Plus PSI.........even with a miracle powder like 26 that's just not right!

Top end in my 24.5" with R26 was right in the 2700 range

Those are 6.5/06 speeds!

This was going to be my response to what he said but I decided not to as it'd just take this thead down the tubes for the OP...

Also keep barrel life and component availability in mind. I have a few of both, and I think of them differently. I think nothing of burning a few hundred rounds of creed keeping my skills sharp, but I only use my prc ammo for hunting, and typically when I know there may be longer shot opportunities. Otherwise, that extra powder, recoil, and shortened barrel life are wasted. There isn't an animal that I'd shoot with a prc that I wouldn't shoot with a creed, so in my mind, it only gives me a bit more effective range.
That is just such a great and practical plan!

not to take this thread down the wrong road but 2900-2925 in a 22" is more than likely 70K Plus PSI.........even with a miracle powder like 26 that's just not right!

Top end in my 24.5" with R26 was right in the 2700 range

Those are 6.5/06 speeds!

This was going to be my response to what he said but I decided not to as it'd just take this thead down the tubes for the OP...
I agree. Its just important to identify the exceptional results from the standard expectations. Especially when OP is seeking the baselines.