Hornady A-Tip Real World B.C.

I only see about 1-2" less drift than the 300 Berger EH, and that is at 1500 yards......wonder how much they will cost. They would have to be dang near the same price for me to even consider trying them, and I doubt that.....there isn't really any advantage over the 300 Berger ballistics wise. Plus it's unproven on the hunting side....will be interesting to see how this bullet ends up performing.

Agreed about the terminal performance. I'm sure the 2020 hunting season will give a good indication of performance on game. The 338 rig I'll be building will be a heavy, steel target rig so I'm more concerned with best ballistic performance. I'm not planning on shooting it in competition so the cost isn't going to prohibit me from using a more expensive bullet. I'll save my high volume shooting for the smaller cartridges. That being said, the 300gr Bergers are number one on my list for the 338 build. I now wonder how the Bergers will compare to the A-Tips in regards to choosing a properly throated chamber reamer.

Agreed about the terminal performance. I'm sure the 2020 hunting season will give a good indication of performance on game. The 338 rig I'll be building will be a heavy, steel target rig so I'm more concerned with best ballistic performance. I'm not planning on shooting it in competition so the cost isn't going to prohibit me from using a more expensive bullet. I'll save my high volume shooting for the smaller cartridges. That being said, the 300gr Bergers are number one on my list for the 338 build. I now wonder how the Bergers will compare to the A-Tips in regards to choosing a properly throated chamber reamer.
In your circumstance, where terminal performance and price doesn't matter, I would try a box of both and go with whichever bullet shot more accurate

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.