6.5 BEANMORE

Gday E

That was a great chat & overdue for another & don't worry I'm still waiting for the right time to bring up the pelvis shot as most would be horrified on what can be done more effectively/efficiently but I'll not derail this great thread it was just preparing a few for what's coming lol

Moving on
I'll say this joke got way out of hand but what I've learnt is how deserving bean is & the video just after he opened the beanmore says it all

For all those who were involved no one done more than anyone else imo as without ea & everyone's help none of this would have come about & I love my beanmore which was the first custom chambering I've ever done & will be my last well I may chamber another beanmore once I wear this one out as you need no more than a beanmore 😜

I plan on putting some pretty high numbers of shots through it but most of all it's my kids teaching rifle that does that ever so well & what a better campfire story behind it
Here's a few of my beanmore pics

Cheers
Where those Geese/Ducks shot underwater feeding or shot at 3,000' high in a V formation going South?
Either way good shots.
Did you use the Donkey as a pack animal to carry all the harvest? Looks like he collapsed from all the weight.

I don't think anybody has claimed other cartridges won't equal or exceed the Beanmore. Something a lot of wildcats share. Another thing they share is the feeling of being a little unique.

From the technical point of view likely just a bit of shoulder angle change from your .260AI
I wasn't saying my 260 AI is the same from a performance aspect, I was just meaning it creates the ring on the case from the previous shoulder location.

I wasn't saying my 260 AI is the same from a performance aspect, I was just meaning it creates the ring on the case from the previous shoulder location.
And I wasn't ducking your question just trying to hear you correctly...missed. I don't suspect it will do what yours won't do.

Intentions weren't ballistic, is where I missed the question.;)

Best wishes!
Carl

Gday coyote shadow tracker
Where those Geese/Ducks shot underwater feeding or shot at 3,000' high in a V formation going South?
Either way good shots.
Did you use the Donkey as a pack animal to carry all the harvest? Looks like he collapsed from all the weight.
👍😎🤣
The black swans one of a personal favourites of mine as my son & I double tapped them together but nothing was really hard on taking them out & the mountain ducks were taken while they were on our farm dams / ponds
Which they are fairly hard to hit when they are swimming & I missed a couple shots in the process on securing them but eat well they all do

I've not shot swans /geese on the fly for a few years but never @3000 ft overall they are not hard to hit with a rifle on the fly ducks are a different story
Today on where I could /would shoot @ these critters on the fly is way more limited due to population density of people & info-structures

Most of Our birds usually head north for migration im in Tassie the bottom of Aussie but those 2 species are year round residents

Had a few of those donkeys collapsing must have been the beanmore weight 😜
But they ate really well 😇
Cheers

Gday mike D Texas

I think Carl said it the best

& only thing I'll add is it's a great story around the campfire & those who know me know how much campfires mean to me as it's where various cultures .people & generations come together & lasting memories are made

I'm proud of these memories made so far & this fire
View attachment 527827
was some great beanmore moments shared
Oh man we shot some numbers & species with that rifle & I'll have to check but I think it was getting close to the 100 mark & 8 species on that trip 🤷‍♂️ ( was actually impressive not just effective or worked ) & it was the first rifle in the vehicles or buggy's ea day only thing missing was bean as for reasons he couldn't make it down under which is a pity as that is where we were first going to present him with the beanmore
But the video his wife took @his opening of the beanmore is perfect & how it's all panned out couldn't gone any better imo

Hope that explains why it's not a 260 ai or creed ai @ All as those have no real substance & are soon lost around the campfire discussions where the beanmore lives on

Just my take & how I feel about it
Yes I'm proud & humbled to have been involved/included in this unreal story
Cheers
I'm still at a loss for words My Brother

Last edited:
Gday coyote shadow tracker

👍😎🤣
The black swans one of a personal favourites of mine as my son & I double tapped them together but nothing was really hard on taking them out & the mountain ducks were taken while they were on our farm dams / ponds
Which they are fairly hard to hit when they are swimming & I missed a couple shots in the process on securing them but eat well they all do

I've not shot swans /geese on the fly for a few years but never @3000 ft overall they are not hard to hit with a rifle on the fly ducks are a different story
Today on where I could /would shoot @ these critters on the fly is way more limited due to population density of people & info-structures

Most of Our birds usually head north for migration im in Tassie the bottom of Aussie but those 2 species are year round residents

Had a few of those donkeys collapsing must have been the beanmore weight 😜
But they ate really well 😇
Cheers
I have shot a lot of Canada Geese & Ducks and good eating. Always wanted to get a Swan. I hear they are the best eating!
Thanks🤣
Len & Jill

Recent Posts