6.5 BEANMORE

What A refreshing read , thanks to all of you that made this prank and shared it here.
i get pretty dishearted here at times with post that are trying to help people and get firestormed for there opinion or experiences with products or practices.
live and let live seem to be a lost art form .

thank you all that gave effort to the cause to a deserving non 6.5 guy.

im old enough that my dies were custom made and wore the 6.5x308 badge , i too really seen no need for the creed when the 260 rem does a great job
but having choices is one of America's strong points
i hope the new year brings more kind hearted and fun threads like this one !

Bean ; the anticipation of the load developing from your future posts will have me signing in here more often !
good luck

Gday old heli logger

The person @ number 1 is our one & only Bean as without his dislike to the needmore I don't think the group of us would have been so determined to get bean to shoot the needmore & the first one we sent to him was clapped out heap of crap that if he had of shot the darn thing we would never have resorted to this level & it just kept getting more & more stupid the more bean pushed back it became apparent his dislike for anything 6.5 grew & I can remember the words " friends don't let friends shoot a 6.5 anything "
So those are fighting words of "oh well we will see " in my world 🤣🤣🤣& the other guys I had the pleasure to share this experience with also had the same thoughts I'm sure by our conversations & to work we went

It's been officially registered as a caliber in Aussie which to me is pretty darn cool

Headstamp brass is extremely important for me personally ( less chance of wrong caliber getting shot hence safety as I have a 243&708 plus load for a couple mates 308's & airline travel plus some countries get up in arms of bullets not matching barrel description ) & this is where Bruce Bertrum the owner of Bertrum brass who ive built a great friendship with over the years was for me the icing on the cake & on his ok I'll do it for you lot as a once off I was in & then the smart ones went to work on reamers dies etc
I've got videos bruce took of the beanmore process but don't know how to post videos so they will may come out once the smart ones get them all together
The headstamp was done by his son I believe with the added extra kangaroo he put on than the first draft I sent which kinda balances the whole headstamp imo & I like it

The rest I'm only going to give Chinese whispers so I'll let the others chime in on their parts but really it's not a individual thing it's a combination of a group of people of various backgrounds that all had a part that once again is not a individual thing it was all of us had the same thoughts / objective

& that was to
STICK IT UP BEAN 😎😎& get him to shoot a darn 6.5 😇😇

That I think we did a good job & i for one am proud & humbled to have been involved

Oh does everyone know bean has the brass fire formed 😍😍

Cheers
Incredible! My hat is off to all involved!!!! This just makes my day! Happy New Year!!!!

Gday mike D Texas

I think Carl said it the best

& only thing I'll add is it's a great story around the campfire & those who know me know how much campfires mean to me as it's where various cultures .people & generations come together & lasting memories are made

I'm proud of these memories made so far & this fire
View attachment 527827
was some great beanmore moments shared
Oh man we shot some numbers & species with that rifle & I'll have to check but I think it was getting close to the 100 mark & 8 species on that trip 🤷‍♂️ ( was actually impressive not just effective or worked ) & it was the first rifle in the vehicles or buggy's ea day only thing missing was bean as for reasons he couldn't make it down under which is a pity as that is where we were first going to present him with the beanmore
But the video his wife took @his opening of the beanmore is perfect & how it's all panned out couldn't gone any better imo

Hope that explains why it's not a 260 ai or creed ai @ All as those have no real substance & are soon lost around the campfire discussions where the beanmore lives on

Just my take & how I feel about it
Yes I'm proud & humbled to have been involved/included in this unreal story
Cheers
I get the naming and the reason behind it. Just trying to figure out what the base cartridge is, that's all.

Correct which leads me to believe it's based on a 260AI or similar. If you look in Fordy's post with pics of the cartridge you can see the ring where the shoulder used to be. My 260AI does exactly the same thing.
I don't think anybody has claimed other cartridges won't equal or exceed the Beanmore. Something a lot of wildcats share. Another thing they share is the feeling of being a little unique.

From the technical point of view likely just a bit of shoulder angle change from your .260AI

I get the naming and the reason behind it. Just trying to figure out what the base cartridge is, that's all.
Gday Mike D Texas

this maybe the answer your looking for 🤷‍♂️

The beanmore is more like the 375weatherby &375 h&h

On the weatherby you can use h&h ammo in a pinch & still produce very acceptable accuracy

Now I've had a mate who went ackley mad & he could never get acceptable accuracy in the field so he fireformed everything prior
So those AI like 243 etc were a waste to me as my job didn't have time to fireform & cost I never liked as to me that was a waste of $

Now the 375 I had no problems as we could still go out take a lot of critters with the h&h loaded ammo then reload for the weatherby once enough brass was done
( we used batches of 500 ) & no waste of $ which for me was extremely important

So now the beanmore you can just load 260 brass & guess that's what you mean by base cartridge ( guessing you can buy loaded ammo & still the same as the 375 outcome ) & shoot it to fireform to the beanmore dimensions but the same as the 375 accuracy
Now I can't give you the exact accuracy difference but for me on some of our small wallaby or rabbits it's head shot capable to around 300 ish & might be further but I've not taken it any further
I call it Moa of wallaby lol
This rabbit was a fireform load @ Moa of wallaby range 😜
35922472-0058-4DA9-98CC-B798D2B6E7AF.jpeg

Here's the 2 sxs E0D2C7A2-1A4F-43D4-9F0F-01F67C598E2D.jpeg
Hope that answers your questions

Cheers

Correct which leads me to believe it's based on a 260AI or similar. If you look in Fordy's post with pics of the cartridge you can see the ring where the shoulder used to be. My 260AI does exactly the same thing.
Gday mike hope it's ok to call you mike
If not please let me know

I hope my previous post answers your question

But elaborate to this for @justinp61 & you that's what I'd use is 260 brass as I don't do thet necking down or up as safety issue for me of potential brass mix up but that's me
Can a 260 be reamed out to the beanmore I can't see why not , I am 1/2 sure they designed it so it could but I'd get that information from @RockyMtnMT
So please help Steve before I need to eat more crow 🤪
Cheers