455 yards with a 15mph cross wind

dfrahm

Not that many years ago, shooting a prairie dog at 500 yards was somewhat of a milestone. Now, with better equipment or perhaps prices that allow more of us to get involved, who knows what the standard is. . . think of the milk jug challenge of hitting a milk jug at 1,000 yards. I've shot one at 700 plus with a different rifle, but this was the longest with the .220 Swift. I had 7 1/2 MOA wind dialed in... And no, it wasn't on the first shot for all of you marksmen out there. You can see the truck top middle. I had to walk out there and range back to the truck to make sure. Have a great day everyone - stay safe, stay well!
20210320_151325.jpg

500 yards is still a benchmark for most I think. From here on out you have to go pretty early in the day or they are doing the 3 MOA Mirage shuffle much past 500. Back in the day my buddy had a Ruger 77 varmint in the Swift. It was the 500 yard champ with I think 52 grain Sierras with 414. Back then we had to pace it off for distances, but at 500 paces that thing hit at a way higher percentage than everything else we brought. Nice shooting!

Not that many years ago, shooting a prairie dog at 500 yards was somewhat of a milestone. Now, with better equipment or perhaps prices that allow more of us to get involved, who knows what the standard is. . . think of the milk jug challenge of hitting a milk jug at 1,000 yards. I've shot one at 700 plus with a different rifle, but this was the longest with the .220 Swift. I had 7 1/2 MOA wind dialed in... And no, it wasn't on the first shot for all of you marksmen out there. You can see the truck top middle. I had to walk out there and range back to the truck to make sure. Have a great day everyone - stay safe, stay well!View attachment 262283
Great shot ! Those hills look familiar 🤔

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.