600m with a .223 in a strong wind

morning, very impressive!! what load were u using?? I have 223 AI. 788 rem. 28"

shilen barrel. bought from a person in calif. I have to single shoot, because of the

seating length of the bullet. I shoot Winchester brass, fed 205 primers, 27.5grs. tac

and 75gr match bergers. the setup is extremely accurate out to 300-400. have not

tried pass 400. I like 223's. I have 4 of this cal.lightbulbgun)

The .223 is not my favorite caliber in a crosswind. Good shooting.

What was your wind velocity/direction and adjustment?

Yes it is not my caliber of choice too... I estimated the wind to be 4-5m/s down range. Where I was standing it was only 1,5-2m/s. I made the correction of 5MOA, but then 6 was needed...

morning, very impressive!! what load were u using?? I have 223 AI. 788 rem. 28"

shilen barrel. bought from a person in calif. I have to single shoot, because of the

seating length of the bullet. I shoot Winchester brass, fed 205 primers, 27.5grs. tac

and 75gr match bergers. the setup is extremely accurate out to 300-400. have not

tried pass 400. I like 223's. I have 4 of this cal.lightbulbgun)

My .223 is also extremely accurate, but the barrel is 23,5" long and it has a 1-10" twist so I can use 69gr Nosler CC bullets and the Velocity that I get is 940m/s. ES is less than 3m/s. It is an extremely accurate load, but in the wind it is quite poor...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.