3800 yards long range shot .......

Agreed! But this is still one of my all time favorite ...

https://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM?t=6

That is a great video FEENIX.

How far was his distance And what caliber is he shooting.

I love the Big falling Blocks And have several in 45-110 and 45-120.

From the looks of the MOA he has cranked in to his rear sight he is over a 1000 yards, Maybe 1200.

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

That is a great video FEENIX.

How far was his distance And what caliber is he shooting.

I love the Big falling Blocks And have several in 45-110 and 45-120.

From the looks of the MOA he has cranked in to his rear sight he is over a 1000 yards, Maybe 1200.

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

Here you go ...

Raton, New Mexico at the Whittington Center with a Borchardt .45/100 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle! Distance was 1125 yards and that black plate on the buffalo is about 15" diameter!

Here you go ...

Not bad !!!!!

My 45-120 is good to 1200 yards with the elevation I have in the rear site, But I have not tried it that far yet.

But At 600 yards (The most we have at our range)it is amazing with a 628 grain postnell cast bullet and a full load of Triple 7.

Thanks again

J E CUSTOM

Not bad !!!!!

My 45-120 is good to 1200 yards with the elevation I have in the rear site, But I have not tried it that far yet.

But At 600 yards (The most we have at our range)it is amazing with a 628 grain postnell cast bullet and a full load of Triple 7.

Thanks again

J E CUSTOM

I struggle with anything pass 100 yards with open sights. :cool:

You're quite welcome.

Ed

I read the challenge about one of us making a cold bore shot at that distance. Meh. That isn't what happened in the video.

It is neat that a big team of highly skilled people with very specialized gear can combine all of their efforts together and eventually land a single round on target at a record distance.

I do have to wonder how many more shots they fired in hopes in repeating the endeavor, but never accomplished it. Hitting the target once is cool, no doubt, but hitting it repeatedly would have been truly impressive, but that isn't what happened.

I read the challenge about one of us making a cold bore shot at that distance. Meh. That isn't what happened in the video.

It is neat that a big team of highly skilled people with very specialized gear can combine all of their efforts together and eventually land a single round on target at a record distance.

I do have to wonder how many more shots they fired in hopes in repeating the endeavor, but never accomplished it. Hitting the target once is cool, no doubt, but hitting it repeatedly would have been truly impressive, but that isn't what happened.
I was referring to every one that said they wasn't impressed. So I figured a cold bore first shot was what would impress them. And I wanted yo see it. Is that ok with you?

Aye Sir! I'm very excited for your group hunt. We just got our 1st snow (not sticking, just enough to remind us what's coming) in the lower elevation (3300ish) this weekend. It should be a fun hunt. General antelope opens up next Saturday and I am stoked.

Cheers!

Ed
I'm jealous.

My hunting buddy and I are taking his daughter, a first time hunter. We'll see how it goes. No too long ago, I took him on his 1st antelope hunt, this time he gets the same opportunity to pass it on. :D

My hunting buddy is the 1st pix >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f85/another-successful-mt-speed-goat-hunt-62066/
Outstanding. I remember than one.

I'm still jealous. Antelope hunting used to be my absolute favorite hunt of all but the ole man died and the place sold in 89 so I haven't been since.

Enjoy it for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.