338 win mag bear bullet

The 210 partitions in the 338 winny is my dad's favorite bullet. It shoots fairly flat has enough weight to do damage. I like the hot core and the grand slams from speer. They shoot well and hit hard. I don't shoot the 338 winny much. I had bought it hunt bears over hounds. Now it's just begging to be a 300wsm or prc.
I would think that the 213 HH and 225 sledge hammer would be a great bullet for the 338 win mag
I have to agree with the 210.I have never seen a bear hit with one but have seen several 1500 lb moose pushed side ways and never take another step.I know someone will say a bear can take more punishment than a moose.but after seeing what it does to a 1500 lb animal I would not be afraid of going after a bear

Hope it works for ye. And yes - a charging Bear with his adrenelin up - needs to be hit VERY hard. Not sure even a .44 Mag is powerful enough - and would feel better with a .454 Casull - on up to a .50 Some Alaska fishing guides carry a "sawed" off shotgun slung around their back - with slugs to shoot.

Hope it works for ye. And yes - a charging Bear with his adrenelin up - needs to be hit VERY hard. Not sure even a .44 Mag is powerful enough - and would feel better with a .454 Casull - on up to a .50 Some Alaska fishing guides carry a "sawed" off shotgun slung around their back - with slugs to shoot.
A guy I know would agree about the 44 mag.Him and his guide were unpacking at a cabin when the guide saw a bear across the river .Leon ask the guide if they should load the guns. The guide said the bear would not cross the river. Ok the bear not only cross but came right at them .The quickly loaded .The guide had a 460 Weatherby Leon had a 375 H&H.They emptied both guns and the guide pulled his 44 and on the last shot the bear fell in the doorway..They hit him every shot .The guide said he wanted a 500 smith.They never did find out what ticked the bear off

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.