Black Bear bullet options

Discussion in 'Bear Hunting' started by Ernie, Aug 30, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. rharfo

rharfo Well-Known Member

don't forget the new muzzy season, I just sighted in and will be out and about looking to smoke pole one

2. Quicksilver338

Quicksilver338 Well-Known Member

How long is the season in PA? Ours in Washington is Aug 1-Nov 15. Leaves about a month or so of prime alpine hunting and I love it.

3. Hatrick

Hatrick Well-Known Member

1FE550C4-7907-476B-94F7-197197A17DDB.png

4. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

Obviously some new changes in the season lengths.
    How well that works out as for creating more enthusiasm among younger hunters will remain to be seen.

rharfo likes this.
  5. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

By the way rharfo, have you ever considered the Ridgeway Rifle club? About 2 hours from Pittsburg, about 40 positions, many under roof with good benches, with distances from 100 to 1000 yds. Clay birds placed on the berms is permitted.
    Range is open all day every day for members on non match days.

6. rharfo

rharfo Well-Known Member

Looks like it’s about 3 hours for me. I find it funny that a year ago I moved from Northern Va where I had access to a 400 yard rifle range to Morgantown WV and I joined a 200 yard range. I drive into PA everyday for work and look at all the private property that could be used for long range shooting. Haven’t been able to find someone to sponsor me for a club about 30 min from me that has 500 yards. I hunt deer on a farm that has lots of room but they won’t let me bang steel at long distance. Anyway.....back to the black bear bullets.