Maine Black Bear

Great job! We're leaving for Maine this Saturday for my first bear hunt. Going to be using my S&W model 57, .41 Rem Mag. It's been on my bucket list for year's!

While this is by far not long range, I passed up my yearly trip out west chasing Elk to try some Bear hunting because it was always on my bucket list to get one. I lucked out last Thursday while hunting with Tomah Mountain Outfitters in Maine with this 250-pound guy. 85 yards with my 870 loaded with slugs slowed him down enough to drop him out of a tree a short time later 1st bear.jpgwith a S&W .41 mag. 1st bear at 60 years old. The best thing is my wife is all for getting a rug made for the den and not questioning how much this will cost!!.....................JR

While this is by far not long range, I passed up my yearly trip out west chasing Elk to try some Bear hunting because it was always on my bucket list to get one. I lucked out last Thursday while hunting with Tomah Mountain Outfitters in Maine with this 250-pound guy. 85 yards with my 870 loaded with slugs slowed him down enough to drop him out of a tree a short time later View attachment 501260with a S&W .41 mag. 1st bear at 60 years old. The best thing is my wife is all for getting a rug made for the den and not questioning how much this will cost!!.....................JR
Can your wife talk to mine and get her in the same page 🤣

Recent Posts