Maine Black Bear Hunt!!!!

Depending on the year of manufacture the Remlins were reliable. I have seen the older Marlins fail to fire, replaced the firing pin spring with a heavier Wolffe spring, like $10 and cured that problem. Also saw a 336 fail to fire because the guy loaded the rifle under a dear pine tree and pine needles got into the action; cost him a very large black bear.
Thanks! The 45/70 is two years old and has about 20 rounds through it, I bought my 336 in 1978 and it is a dream rifle. Not the nightmare of the new Marlin...

Thanks! The 45/70 is two years old and has about 20 rounds through it, I bought my 336 in 1978 and it is a dream rifle. Not the nightmare of the new Marlin...
If you are looking for a reliable 1895, look for one with a "JM" stamped on the left side of the barrel in front of the receiver. I have two vintage 1895s, totally accurate and totally reliable. I did change out the firing pin springs with Wolffe springs, it just makes sense to me.

If you are looking for a reliable 1895, look for one with a "JM" stamped on the left side of the barrel in front of the receiver. I have two vintage 1895s, totally accurate and totally reliable. I did change out the firing pin springs with Wolffe springs, it just makes sense to me.
I've been looking!😁

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts