First Black Bear

I wanted to do an open mouth because I thought they looked pretty cool but he told me it's gonna make the bear look smaller and they tend to look less realistic. He convinced me to go closed mouth and I'll be happy either way. He's gonna do as much as he can with what I gave him he said my cut wasn't very good but I didn't know what I was exactly doing o where I needed to cut lol I'm gonna do something really similar to that closed mouth but without the tree
I got my first 2 done with mouth open I was then told you very seldom see a black dear with their mouth open Last few had done with mouth closed I like it much better closed

Nice bear. I got my first on a tree farm in western Washington in August. I've hunted tree farms for close to 30 years so I feel your pain on the pack out. On the bright side, at least it wasn't raining....

Okie John

Nice bear. I got my first on a tree farm in western Washington in August. I've hunted tree farms for close to 30 years so I feel your pain on the pack out. On the bright side, at least it wasn't raining....

Okie John
lol yea definitely had that going for it. It was a beautiful day for October in Oregon

Got a cool thing in the mail today. Oregon fish and wildlife send you a little post card with the age of the bear assuming you let them pull some teeth and get whatever data they want. The biologists thought he was around 8-12. The actual age came back as 18! That was very surprising to me. Official score was also 19 8/16. I also got the mount back about 2 months ago I think it turned out great for my butchering in the field lol first bear and first animal mount

Attachments

• B68CFF1B-F540-4441-9916-3240D186A117.jpeg
    B68CFF1B-F540-4441-9916-3240D186A117.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 82
  • FDC387B1-889E-440B-AB81-0A0EE215F1FD.jpeg
    FDC387B1-889E-440B-AB81-0A0EE215F1FD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89