338 Edge+P vs 338 Terminator vs 338 Norma+P

My design is 3 cartridges based on the full length 416 Rigby Improved with .010" per inch taper, 300-416 Rigby Improved 40° shoulder with .331" length neck, 338-416 Rigby Improved 45° shoulder with .475" neck and 375-416 Rigby Improved 40° shoulder with .425" neck.
These gave me my minimum parameter with ease, which was a minimum velocity of 3,000fps with most bullets using my 8", 9" & 10" twists, respectively. I never made the reamer or barrel for the 30 cal version, there was just no suitable bullets at the time to match my 2,000 metre criteria. There are many now, but in the early 2000's there wasn't.
The 33XC is now a very close clone of my design, so is the 37XC, both have different shoulder angles, but are close.

Cheers.
Yep
Same here
Quality Brass supplier was the biggest issue
Then it was repeater vs. single feed and QUALITY actions that supported the idea to start it all off

Let's bring this back up to the top !
Way to much Love for the 338 not to keep this going !

I have a Lawton 7000 action , 30" McGowen, 1/10 twist I messed with out west settled on H-1000 , 300 gr bergers @ 2850 ft.per.sec on the average . This is with the old Reamer or first style no +P

Now I'm back at it again to get the Rifle ready to try the 2 mile attempt.
Cracked open a jug of Re-33 I picked up .
Didnt have any powder but H-1000 back when I was running 6 338's .

Well to my Suprize I hit 2990 ft.per.sec and the ladder isn't finished yet . Plus this is fired , resized Remington 300 Rum brass .
I cant find any 338 edge ADG so I'm going to resize some new extra 300 Rum Adg i have !
I have been told i should gain up to 100 ft.per.sec with the Adg brass , time and testing will prove this .
I will still try the +P throat out i just been busy .
I should have some results in the next few days here .
Once the crops are off I should have the ok to try the 2 mile shots ! I'm going to double check with the Farmer !!

Rum Man

Yup been there once before too !!

The Rum is on the heels of the Edge !
Proved that a time ot two !!
20200126_191635.jpg

Rum Man

Let's bring this back up to the top !
Way to much Love for the 338 not to keep this going !

I have a Lawton 7000 action , 30" McGowen, 1/10 twist I messed with out west settled on H-1000 , 300 gr bergers @ 2850 ft.per.sec on the average . This is with the old Reamer or first style no +P

Now I'm back at it again to get the Rifle ready to try the 2 mile attempt.
Cracked open a jug of Re-33 I picked up .
Didnt have any powder but H-1000 back when I was running 6 338's .

Well to my Suprize I hit 2990 ft.per.sec and the ladder isn't finished yet . Plus this is fired , resized Remington 300 Rum brass .
I cant find any 338 edge ADG so I'm going to resize some new extra 300 Rum Adg i have !
I have been told i should gain up to 100 ft.per.sec with the Adg brass , time and testing will prove this .
I will still try the +P throat out i just been busy .
I should have some results in the next few days here .
Once the crops are off I should have the ok to try the 2 mile shots ! I'm going to double check with the Farmer !!

Rum Man
Would like to see when you get the +P.