.338 RUM vs. .338 EDGE

I debated this question while saving up for a build a few years ago. I eventually went with the 338 RUM. Mostly because brass was always available at my local cabelas. I can say that I'm certain I made the right choice. I run 96 grains of H1000 with a hornady 285 gr HPBT, COAL at 3.75, Screaming along at 2950 out of a 26in bartlein barrel. At first I thought it was a mistake. Until I verified the drop at 600 yards. I also find the RUM very easy to load for. Not to picky about powder or projectile. (Helps when you have a barreled action from GAP:D) In my personal opinion the added "possible muzzle velocity" isn't enough to make up for prep work and dies. Maybe Im just a lazy reloader. Like stated earlier, the 338 RUM, with the right bullet and right shot placement will kill anything in North America at a distance that 95% of shooters cant hit anyways. I'd even say its got the mojo to take down most of the african plains game.(Not dangerous game)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.