300 wsm superformance

vprimo

Has any tried this powder out yet for a short mag? I am so anxious but I am waiting for my barrel to finish from pac nor....

I am considering it, but all the rave about it seems to be based on using lighter bullets than i prefer for long range shooting, my 300wsm loves H4831, that would be the powder i would try first if i were in your position, unless you plan on using 150-175gr bullets, then i would go ahead and give it a try.

I am considering it, but all the rave about it seems to be based on using lighter bullets than i prefer for long range shooting, my 300wsm loves H4831, that would be the powder i would try first if i were in your position, unless you plan on using 150-175gr bullets, then i would go ahead and give it a try.

+1

4831 sc also works well.

J E CUSTOM

Has any tried this powder out yet for a short mag? I am so anxious but I am waiting for my barrel to finish from pac nor....
I plan on trying superperformance with 178grn ELD-X. Id like to settle around 3000 fps. I will be shooting it out of a christenson arms 300wsm. I'm going start with 68.0g CCI 250 primers in ADG brass. That should give me some room to work up or down.

Right now I have loaded RL 17 with the same 178 g ELD-X bullet and I have had good results. Attached is a pic of grouping at 100 yards, 29 50 ft./s. The one on the left is Winchester brass. The one on the right is Hornady brass both loads were exactly the same with RL 17 63g and bullets were Concentricity for accuracy. Not as tight as I want so the reason I'm going keep trying.
A967CCA1-A961-434D-9221-CA72980EB190.jpeg