Superformance

If it acts like cfe223 that 46 grains may be 44 after you shoot it in 90 degree temps!

I used Superformance in a 30-06 with 180 gr. TTSX's. I got my data from Barne's website. I never got them to shoot worth a crap, but after trying numerous bullets, powders and loads I'm about to blame the rifle.

I've tried Superformance in my 375 RUM. Worked really good at mid range loads but failed miserably at max loads. Interesting looking powder. It looks like little discs or pancakes.

The input I've gotten makes me think it's worth getting a pound, and seeing what happens.
Most places online have it a good $5 cheaper per pound than most common powders out there. Find free hazmat and load up at around $24 per lb. (natchez may still have their free hazmat at the moment too). ;-)

I had good luck with superformance in my 243 with 80gr Barnes. Thinking of trying it in my 22 Creedmoor with 83gr Hammers. Anyone have an idea on where to start?

Did a search on "Superformance" powder to see what others have to say about it. Seems like the trend is a little better velocity vs other powders. It's usually cheaper than the traditional powders (popular powders) out there right now. Also... I know I saw somewhere on the net (gotta be true right?) that "Superformance" is the same powder (or close to it) that Hornady uses in it's "match" grade ammo... is there any truth to this?

Thanks!
Darin

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts