300 Win mag load. HELP

Everybody has their own way but this is mine when loading for short barrels. Check a couple of books and find the powders with the fastest burn rates that you have. I will normally load 3 rounds for several different powders and shoot them over a chrony. Find the fastest velocity first and then see if you can develop a good load with it. It helps if you already have decided what your use for the rifle is. No need to load a 200+ grain bullet if you just want to shoot paper and deer out to 600 yards. In short barrels faster burning powders can give you more mv even though books say they are 100-200 fps slower in full length barrels.
Thanks. That's kinda where I am. Went out Sunday. Was surprised to get 2600-2720fps out of several loads with the 200 gr Bergers. (Lab radar) Best group was .670". All loads (12) were 1moa-ish except 2. Ran Fed Match Mag 215s thinking being hotter would help with total burn. R25 gave me good fps and accuracy. Nver had pressure issues. Loading now to play with seating dept. loaded .012" off lands first time. My experience with bergers is .020"-.040" so going to play a bit. May pick up dome fps with jump. My intention for this is steel as far out as possible. Once I get the load I'll screw on the TB can. I'm thinking I'll pick up a few fps. Looking for a dependable concealable surgical rifle out to 1200-1400ish in compact package.
will post data when I'm done.
g

Problem with heavies are they tend to need a longer barrel to use the slower powder to get any decent speed. I think you have all the right stuff except the bullets. With that short barrel I would order some 187gr absolute hammers and give that rl25 a try.
rl22 would be MY choice