.300 Win Mag Load Help

View attachment 437883View attachment 437884View attachment 437885

Here is the die… I can't remember what I paid but it wasnt horribly expensive, and like I said it works with all of my belted mags so that helps…
Been looking into it. At present the Willis die is showing up at like 190 American and I'd need it shipped to Canada. Would end up being well north of 300 bucks my currency. Not at all saying it's not worth that to some or a well made product, but at present it's not worth that to me. I can just get more brass if I need and apparently have decently tight chambered rifles by luck haha.

OP. Can't really tell by the photo but it does look like it could a pressure issue based on that primer. Wish I could see more for sure. Is the primer flat? Neck looks a little hot too. I had this very same issue in my Krieger barrelled M700 .300 win. Hard bolt lift is a sign of over pressure "most" of the time. Mine was due to that exact .010 off the lands with my SMK 210's. Backed them off and balanced the powder out, added a 215M primer and she shoots bugholes. Bolt lifts easy too!

Lastly, before you size that brass get a Redding FL bushing die. Set it up to bump the shoulders back .002" and you'll be much better off. I can't remember the gentleman's name from lapua but he has an awesome video explaining how to set up this die. He is the absolute GURU when it comes to brass, chambering and a heck of a shot as well! I'd suggest purchasing some lapua brass and scrap the Barnes. It is absolutely phenomenal stuff. (Not associated or affiliated with lapua in any way but will take some free brass!!) As always I hope this helps you, good luck, be safe and shoot straight!

looking at your brass I don't really see an issue... Try coating the whole case with a magic marker to see if/ where it's hanging up. You may have a burr in your chamber. You could have a carbon ring in your barrel (usually right at the rifling origin) playing games with you too...
I've run thousands of rounds through belted mags and never once have felt the need to use a body die if I'm fl sizing brass. I have seen a bit of a burr at the back of the chamber mess up extraction once.

looking at your brass I don't really see an issue... Try coating the whole case with a magic marker to see if/ where it's hanging up. You may have a burr in your chamber. You could have a carbon ring in your barrel (usually right at the rifling origin) playing games with you too...
I've run thousands of rounds through belted mags and never once have felt the need to use a body die if I'm fl sizing brass. I have seen a bit of a burr at the back of the chamber mess up extraction once.
My moneys on this. That brass ain't showing signs of being hot loaded and no way in hell once fired brass should be so bulged as to be inoperable. Chamber problem. 99 percent sure haha.

Been looking into it. At present the Willis die is showing up at like 190 American and I'd need it shipped to Canada. Would end up being well north of 300 bucks my currency. Not at all saying it's not worth that to some or a well made product, but at present it's not worth that to me. I can just get more brass if I need and apparently have decently tight chambered rifles by luck haha.
That is absolutely crazy…. The Canadian pricing blows me away… for some reason I think I remember paying like $120-$130 for the Die and then maybe 5 or 6 bucks to ship it. Yeah if I was looking at 300, I think I would pass as well and just replace the brass here and there..

Wouldn't a chamber issue present itself earlier than now. The rifle has over a 100 rounds down the barrel and with stock ammunition the bolt never held up.

Wouldn't a chamber issue present itself earlier than now. The rifle has over a 100 rounds down the barrel and with stock ammunition the bolt never held up.
not in my ruger 7rem.. I had to buff out a burr at the back of the chamber around 100-150 rounds in. I suppose it actually build up debris and got worse with time on the barrel... All I know is a bit of oiled wet or dry and a brush to hold it against the chamber (or shotgun wooly- I forget) was enough to cure the issue.

Pancaked primer = overpressure. Hot meaning over pressured round. A lot of carbon around the neck can show this as well. Been loading the 300 win for several different rifles over 20 years. Sticky bolt usually meant over pressure. Won't chamber round even after a FL die was used on brass meant bump shoulder back .002 with a FL bushing die. Most of my brass for one of my hunting rifles is on its 6th firing and twice annealed. I've had shoulder and neck failures due to pressure as well. Still have the brass as a reminder. Even when the manufacturer says it's cool to cram it to the lands, your rifle might not think so. I definitely don't think it's a chamber issue. Back the bullet off the lands and start over. Good luck and be safe!