300 Wheeler

That's my thought exactly. They should have done it the other way around. I heard it was for safety. So people couldn't chamber a 300 rum into a 338 rum rifle on accident.

I have my second 300 Wheeler barrel currently being broken in. This time I went with Mod400 steel. Should be a good test. So far so good. I will be posting results on Long Range Only.
Interesting! I hadn't seen this thread before. How does it compare to the 30-28N you had?

It has more volume and can get to the next node. If you have an action within 3.950, it works great.

It wasn't completely shot out. But I pulled it at 850. I knew it wasn't far off and don't want to wait until it's dead in the water. I wasn't very nice to it. I warmed her up a bit from time to time.

My new barrel I am shooting the 245's and N570. If I was running the 230's I would run H1000. I think case fill with 109.5 of volume and 245's would be pretty low. I suspect 85 grains. I still might try N565 or H1000 and see if I can get there without pressure.

Rhovee, this is fascinating - what's the weight on your rifle?
You mentioned it's for hunting, what barrel length did you decide on?
(wondering what the recoil is like!)
Thanks!

Oh man. Weight. Probably 8 pounds. It's a 26" Bartlein 3B. Recoil isn't bad with a good brake. Same as a 30 Nosler. 300 Norma. Etc.

I did circle back to my N570 and 230 load at 3040. Same load as last barrel. Shot a 1.89" 3 shot group at 600 last week. She is off getting Cerekote now at Snake River.

Oh man. Weight. Probably 8 pounds. It's a 26" Bartlein 3B. Recoil isn't bad with a good brake. Same as a 30 Nosler. 300 Norma. Etc.

I did circle back to my N570 and 230 load at 3040. Same load as last barrel. Shot a 1.89" 3 shot group at 600 last week. She is off getting Cerekote now at Snake River.
Any further updates on this cartridge? I recently found this thread after looking high and low for any information on a 30-338 Rum. Surprisingly my search didn't produce much. I've been thinking for quite sometime it would be the ideal big 30 caliber magnum. I currently have a 338 Rum and use Redding 338 Rum type s comp dies. Necking down to .30 would be easy.