300 Weatherby

JamesWilson5

Loaded some 165 sst in 300 Weatherby yesterday max load in nosler manual is 83.5 grain of imr 7828 velocity at 3221 fps same manual show a 300 win with imr7828 80.0 grains 165 bullet at 3213fps with a 24 inch barrel and a 26 on Weatherby just out of curiosity because I own both cartridges how could the be I did load the Weatherby up to 85 grain of powder still shooting under an inch no pressure sign has anyone got a 165 load recipe Loaded over 3300 fps

Nosler under quotes most everything like hornady and others, afraid of lawsuits and our litigious whiney society I guess. I have a 24" 300 Wby that shoots factory 165s 3340+
That's kinda what I was thinking cause I got 300 win and it's powerful no question about it but the Weatherby is on another level I had a lot of sst and stuff just looking for a good white tail load but I like the performance recoil doesn't bother me much

Just noticed u had 340 wby on your any good advice on loading it I got imr 7828 4831 and rl25 us869 I'm bout to start loading it for the first time

All manuals max is always lower for safety and legal reasons. If you compare newer editions of same manual you will also see a reduction in max

Just noticed u had 340 wby on your any good advice on loading it I got imr 7828 4831 and rl25 us869 I'm bout to start loading it for the first time

Chiming in regarding the .340 as I ran thru two Schneider barrels on my 700.

R22, 7828, 4831 and the 4350's all worked well. Please keep in mind that I kind of stopped with the .340 about 15 years ago so I am not up to date on some of the newb powders.

Fantastic round, it loved to please be it I was running 180 NBT's or 300 SMK's.

If you can find some of the 180 NBT's for sure get all over them! I shot a lot of chucks and PD's with it, incredibly accurate!

A number of loads will take you just over 3300 with your Bee....but why stretch it further than where you are? Good accuracy now and better than enough speed where you are at for Whitetail or Elk or Moose. You may well discover as I have too many times that your Deer don't even know they are dead yet until they run 50-100 yards when you hit them too fast with a 300 Bee! One of best Elk, Moose , Bear calibers on the planet in a decent weight gun but I often shy away from it on Deer. Unles I SLOW IT DOWN! ......just me!

You have all the good powders for it...pick two...my choice 7828 and rl 25....load 5 of each....test drive em! And I would start with a 250 gr. Bullet of choice...your question wasn't directed to me....but I shoot 338 lapua out of a Weatherby Tac Mark, 300 Weatherby Mark V, 378 Weatherby Mark V, and 460WBY Mark V....so I know a little Something about them😉

You all need to see this new little cartridge called a 300rum. I've been outrunning a buddy's accumark 300roy with my 300rums for years. The 300 roy is only capable of a few fps over a 300win without pressure issues. You get 1/4 the vel. increase of capacity increase at the same pressure. If using the same powders the barrel/ chamber itself will have more influence on actual vel. then whether is says win or roy on the headstamp.

A number of loads will take you just over 3300 with your Bee....but why stretch it further than where you are? Good accuracy now and better than enough speed where you are at for Whitetail or Elk or Moose. You may well discover as I have too many times that your Deer don't even know they are dead yet until they run 50-100 yards when you hit them too fast with a 300 Bee! One of best Elk, Moose , Bear calibers on the planet in a decent weight gun but I often shy away from it on Deer. Unles I SLOW IT DOWN! ......just me!
That's true I agree it doesn't matter size or speed of a bullet put it right they don't go far not making fun but just to back what u said I shot a deer years back with a 750 grain amax out of 50 bmg it ran bout 75 yards with no heart or lungs

You all need to see this new little cartridge called a 300rum. I've been outrunning a buddy's accumark 300roy with my 300rums for years. The 300 roy is only capable of a few fps over a 300win without pressure issues. You get 1/4 the vel. increase of capacity increase at the same pressure. If using the same powders the barrel/ chamber itself will have more influence on actual vel. then whether is says win or roy on the headstamp.
Might look Into a rum sounds interesting