.300 Norma magnum for hunting??

Just out of curiosity did BAT move to post falls? They were in Rathdrum.

Technically, you are correct. They are still in the same place. Rathdrum and Post Falls are very close together. BAT is out in the country too. If you ever get the chance, they are an interesting place for a gun nut to check out!

I want to say 11.5 scoped 10 bare
really nice balaced rifle .

Jordan@406

I really like your rifle.
Do you find this weight to be Ideal, Or would you suggest less or more weight for a packing around hunting rifle….??

I noticed the safety is located within or slightly offset from the trigger guard….do you like this location of the safety..??

Also, would you suggest the 300 Norma cartridge over the 300 Winchester….Ballistically speaking?

I think this rifle is the perfect blend of weight and balance for a long range hunting rifle.

The bottom safety is awesome I don't carry a loaded rifle, but as far as safetys go I prefer the bottom safety for ease of use.

The 300 norma is an unbelievably efficient round and it's abilities to push the 230 berger with ease make it my pic. If you dont hand load I wouldn't even consider it though.

The 300 win would be my pic for an all around rifle if I was going to shoot a ton of rounds down range a year and if I wasn't an avid reloader.

I have lots other rifles but this one is my favorite
Jordan@406

I think this rifle is the perfect blend of weight and balance for a long range hunting rifle.

The bottom safety is awesome I don't carry a loaded rifle, but as far as safetys go I prefer the bottom safety for ease of use.

The 300 norma is an unbelievably efficient round and it's abilities to push the 230 berger with ease make it my pic. If you dont hand load I wouldn't even consider it though.

The 300 win would be my pic for an all around rifle if I was going to shoot a ton of rounds down range a year and if I wasn't an avid reloader.

I have lots other rifles but this one is my favorite
Jordan@406

Thank you!

Your welcome
Heres one of my favorite pics

Jordan@406

Attachments

• IMG_73488510753933.jpeg
    IMG_73488510753933.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 136
i am new here guy so this might sound dumb but is brass easier to get for the 300 norma because getting 300 rum is getting hard to find

300 Norma brass is usually easier to find then 300RUM.

I have 2 300 Norma Imp rifles (the reamer actually says 30-338 Norma Imp because it uses the 338 Norma shoulder dimensions). My case is about 6.5grains more capacity than a standard Norma. I'm shooting 230 Bergers at 3044fps in the .1's and .2's at 100yds if I do my part. I just shot a .188" 3 shot group two weekends ago with it and a couple 5 shot groups in the .2's and .3's. So far it's been one of the most accurate .30 caliber magnums I've owned. I've haven't shot anything with mine yet but I've kill many critters with a 30-8mm Rem Mag and 300RUM so I have a pretty good idea of what it's capable of.

300 Norma brass is usually easier to find then 300RUM.

I have 2 300 Norma Imp rifles (the reamer actually says 30-338 Norma Imp because it uses the 338 Norma shoulder dimensions). My case is about 6.5grains more capacity than a standard Norma. I'm shooting 230 Bergers at 3044fps in the .1's and .2's at 100yds if I do my part. I just shot a .188" 3 shot group two weekends ago with it and a couple 5 shot groups in the .2's and .3's. So far it's been one of the most accurate .30 caliber magnums I've owned. I've haven't shot anything with mine yet but I've kill many critters with a 30-8mm Rem Mag and 300RUM so I have a pretty good idea of what it's capable of.

Great accuracy. What's your load for your 300 Norma Imp?

I shoot 90grs of R-33 with a 230 Berger in Lapua brass. Yes it is really Lapua brass. It's a PITA to form but its much tougher than Norma brass.

I shoot 90grs of R-33 with a 230 Berger in Lapua brass. Yes it is really Lapua brass. It's a PITA to form but its much tougher than Norma brass.

Awesome, thanks for the load data, I'll tone it down for my 300NM and give it a go. What's your barrel length? (I've got a 28".) Working Lapua brass? Impressive!

Right on ! glad to hear someone else is enjoying that 423 Dakota stuff, I've had nothing but excellent results from that stuff in my 375 PRO, I've gone ahead and tweaked a whole new family of wildcats on that brass,
I cut it down to WSSM length and necked it down in key calibers from .500 to .264 ... specifically for my Win 70 WSSM rifles with boltface opened up !
my "Stomper" wildcats