.300 Norma magnum for hunting??

Awesome. What kind of BAT action do you have? How long did you wait to receive the BAT action? I really like Left bolt and right port action.

The action is the HRPIC (long action with integral pic rail). I live in Post Falls, Idaho. That is where BAT machine is located. I asked Daryle Thom, the owners brother to let me know when he had a LH action available. He let me know that Bruno's happened to have one in stock.. he had it shipped back for me. Daryle built the rifle for me. It is a masterpiece. I can't say enough about the BAT action, the BAT plant (not really a plant but rather a plain vanilla shop filled to the brim with high tech machine tools and some very obsessive employees!) I have and still own some top shelf rifles from a number of impressive smiths..... Surgeon, GA Precision, Accuracy International..... This rifle will be among my favorites... Range report soon.

Got to run the ole 300 out to 1475 today really did well hurls the 230 bergers down range with some juice for sure. Here are a couple pics of her in the field...quickly becoming a favorite of mine. In the 3's at 100 and a few more trips out to verify drops and she is going to be really deadly.
Beautiful rifle, just about what I'm looking to build. What does she weigh with and without scope?

Regularjoe,

I've emailed to several gun shops and three action made companies (Barnard, Defiance, BAT), asked if they have Long action Left hand action in stock.
Most of them have Right Hand actions only. A few Left Hand for Short Action.

I've found one but I need your input about the dual port action (BAT action). I'll use it for Precision Rifle Shooting match. Some matches require a rapid fire shot. It means that I'll need a magazine for that. In any other matches, I use single shot therefore the dual port is good for me but is it necessary? Left bolt/Left port is fine with me but I prefer to use my left hand to open the bolt and insert the bullet by using my right hand.

Your thoughts?

Joe,

That looks like a great rifle. It sure has all the right components for excellent accuracy. It's one of those cases where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts".

Is that a Sightron scope?

What bottom metal is everyone using with their 300 Norma's ? Will 230s OAL run fine in standard bdl style. Or will I need a Wyatt extended box. If I decide to go AICS style DBM do I need cip length?

Thanks[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

Just put had a action ordered to start building my .300 Norma

Build will be as follows

Defiance Deviant Hunter action w/teardrop bolt handle
McMillian Gamescout Stock
Bartlein Barrel w/ DE Brake
Jewel trigger
Burris XTRii 5x25x50

And now for the wait....

I found a very rare left-hand AIAX chassis @ Mile High Shooting and had it sent to GAP for a 300 Norma build. Just picked it up today. I couldn't be happier with how she turned out! Hoping to get to the range this weekend. I've read and heard a lot about this round and I'm looking forward to seeing what it's capable of.

Specs:

AIAX chassis multicam dip
Templar V2 w/ 30MOA rail
Timney trigger
Bartlein medium palma, 28" w/ Badger mini FTE
Barreled action cerakote matte black
S&B 3-20 H2CMR sitting in an ERA-TAC unimount
16 3/4 lbs without bipod

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_zps890bfe64.jpg
    FullSizeRender_zps890bfe64.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 150
  • FullSizeRender1_zps49a42512.jpg
    FullSizeRender1_zps49a42512.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 152
I found a very rare left-hand AIAX chassis @ Mile High Shooting and had it sent to GAP for a 300 Norma build. Just picked it up today. I couldn't be happier with how she turned out! Hoping to get to the range this weekend. I've read and heard a lot about this round and I'm looking forward to seeing what it's capable of.

Specs:

AIAX chassis multicam dip
Templar V2 w/ 30MOA rail
Timney trigger
Bartlein medium palma, 28" w/ Badger mini FTE
Barreled action cerakote matte black
S&B 3-20 H2CMR sitting in an ERA-TAC unimount
16 3/4 lbs without bipod

Should be awesome! Looks awesome! Find some Berger 230's and a big jug of H1000 and let us know how it does!