.338 Norma Magnum

Ripper

Hi gentlemen,

I have a .338NM in the making right now. I'm looking for bullet's. I've heard it's available but does anyone have a recommendation? Reloading will have to come later as I am not set up for that ATM.

This is the spec's just in case someone is interested. I hope this thing shoots like I think it will! There's a 3200 yd. range here so hopefully I will be able to open it up a little bit with some good ammo.

Manner's T4A
Surgeon XL repeat
Surgeon bottom
Brux 26" 1:9.5 tw
Badger break
McMillan rings

Scope's a Heritage 5-25x56 BTW.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Best,
RiP

A friend is using a Norma that I built for him;Badger M2008,Rock 28" M24 fluted 1-9.37 twist,Manners T-A stock, Nightforce 5-22 and DE 4port brake. He is using RL22 and 300gr Sierras at 2800. Didn't seem picky, as everything from 83-85.5 went into the same group. He just used the load that gave him the same velocities as his Edge. He just shot it prone over his backpack to get it ready for our trip to WY next week, cloverleaf at 200yd. All this with less than
30 rounds down range.

Hi gentlemen,

I have a .338NM in the making right now. I'm looking for bullet's. I've heard it's available but does anyone have a recommendation? Reloading will have to come later as I am not set up for that ATM.

This is the spec's just in case someone is interested. I hope this thing shoots like I think it will! There's a 3200 yd. range here so hopefully I will be able to open it up a little bit with some good ammo.

Manner's T4A
Surgeon XL repeat
Surgeon bottom
Brux 26" 1:9.5 tw
Badger break
McMillan rings

Scope's a Heritage 5-25x56 BTW.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Best,
RiP

No, I think you're looking for ammunition.

A friend is using a Norma that I built for him;Badger M2008,Rock 28" M24 fluted 1-9.37 twist,Manners T-A stock, Nightforce 5-22 and DE 4port brake. He is using RL22 and 300gr Sierras at 2800. Didn't seem picky, as everything from 83-85.5 went into the same group. He just used the load that gave him the same velocities as his Edge. He just shot it prone over his backpack to get it ready for our trip to WY next week, cloverleaf at 200yd. All this with less than
30 rounds down range.

Thanks RJ.

-RiP

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.