30-06 Recommendations

Wait a dang minute…..
Isn't this about the time when half the guys will tell the OP that he should really being picking a different cartridge (based on their own favorite)? :p Must be a slow morning.
Good choice on the 30-06! It really is still a great round and will do most of what needs to be done.
Carry on ;)
Yeah, that and having me go to the gunsmith and add $150 - $200 for modifications that I am wanting to avoid by having it set up out of the box.

Savage misses weight by 8 ounces +-

Wait a dang minute…..
Isn't this about the time when half the guys will tell the OP that he should really being picking a different cartridge (based on their own favorite)? :p Must be a slow morning.
Good choice on the 30-06! It really is still a great round and will do most of what needs to be done.
Carry on ;)
Not a thing wrong with a 30-06,I have 2.
Killed my first few elk with 180 gr Hornady Interlock,a friend said I was crazy and needed a bonded bullet so I went with a 180 gr Partition.
I bet the old Interlock would still get the job done.

Savage misses weight by 8 ounces +-
I can handle a little extra weight.

Ruger Hawkeye is at the top of the list as well. Thanks.

Not a thing wrong with a 30-06,I have 2.
Killed my first few elk with 180 gr Hornady Interlock,a friend said I was crazy and needed a bonded bullet so I went with a 180 gr Partition.
I bet the old Interlock would still get the job done.
Exactly right. I have a bunch of 165 Accubonds for my 308 that would be good elk medicine in an 06.

Yeah, that and having me go to the gunsmith and add $150 - $200 for modifications that I am wanting to avoid by having it set up out of the box.
Yes, we understand you want a ready out-of-box, but we are simply sharing information that there are options. What you do with it is entirely up to you. Not everybody knows there are alternatives, so it is not a showstopper. Regarding additional cost, the muzzle thread cost is factored into the factory rifle's price, so it is not free.

Sometimes, people get lucky with the purchase price and invest the savings in modifications by a gunsmith.
1710003989612.png

1710004043726.png

1710004107462.png

Good luck!

Yes, we understand you want a ready out-of-box, but we are simply sharing information that there are options. What you do with it is entirely up to you. Not everybody knows there are alternatives, so it is not a showstopper. Regarding additional cost, the muzzle thread cost is factored into the factory rifle's price, so it is not free.

Sometimes, people get lucky with the purchase price and invest the savings in modifications by a gunsmith.
View attachment 552089
View attachment 552090
View attachment 552091
Good luck!
Very nice rifle.

I don't think they are still making them but when I wanted a SS/synthetic companion to my fancy cooper 30-06, I got myself a Sako A7 Big Game (I think that's what it's called).
I probably only have 150 rounds down the barrel but it's been very accurate. They can still be found if it was something that interests you. Mine wasn't threaded, I'm honestly not sure if they were available threaded but probably enough meat there to have it done.

23EC54E4-9096-45E7-A748-3282EE3A6D6A.jpeg

I don't think they are still making them but when I wanted a SS/synthetic companion to my fancy cooper 30-06, I got myself a Sako A7 Big Game (I think that's what it's called).
I probably only have 150 rounds down the barrel but it's been very accurate. They can still be found if it was something that interests you. Mine wasn't threaded, I'm honestly not sure if they were available threaded but probably enough meat there to have it done.

View attachment 552136
Absolutely beautiful rifle.

Wait a dang minute…..
Carry on ;)
I bought 2 7 mags. I just chronographed a Hornady 162gr Superformance & they got close to 3000fps. With 26" pipes. My old NewHaven M70 Win 06' with a 22" pipe gets 2900 with 165's and over 3000 with 150's❗️& that's a load out of a manual. lol the great & mighty 7mag doesn't have squat on the Grand old 06' 😃
I need a LH 06' with a 26" pipe❗️can't find em 😢😭🥺😫

30-06
At least a 22" barrel
Not over 7.5 lbs
Less than $1k
5/8x24 thread
MOA guarantee

Recommendations?
Looking for a threaded muzzle in an oem '06 may make it quite a bit tougher to find exactly what you want. Maybe I'm out of touch but it seems like you've described a semi custom or rebarreled/trued action rifle, and 7.5 lbs puts many of those out of your realm. Whatever you choose, I'd recommend 1:10 twist up to 180 gr boolits.

I think it's gonna be hard to find an '06 enthusiast willing to part with a rifle fitting your description. At least not for $1K. I guarantee, I'd have to be in extremely dire straits to part with my 25 yr old oem '06 for $1k and it doesn't even have a threaded muzzle, but it does shoot .75 moa with every factory load I've ever fed it and shoots half that with my handloads. She's earned family heirloom status…