30-06 Recommendations

Lots of choices obviously but one not as widely noticed is the Franchi Momentum. Checks every box and comes in a 6.5lbs. I have an original version that's a very good shooter and the newer models are even nicer.
Only downside is they're 1-11 twist but you can run the 180 class bullets no problem at all. If you're handloading the throat in mine is a little shorter than I'd like but I can still run the Berger 180 elite hunter at .040 off the lands and it fits nicely in mag length.

Lots of choices obviously but one not as widely noticed is the Franchi Momentum. Checks every box and comes in a 6.5lbs. I have an original version that's a very good shooter and the newer models are even nicer.
Only downside is they're 1-11 twist but you can run the 180 class bullets no problem at all. If you're handloading the throat in mine is a little shorter than I'd like but I can still run the Berger 180 elite hunter at .040 off the lands and it fits nicely in mag length.
1:11" is a very common/popular twist for the .30 cal in the EU. My SAKO M995 in. 300 WM has a 1:11" twist and stabilizes the 190 Berger VLD at my altitude.

Wait a dang minute…..
Isn't this about the time when half the guys will tell the OP that he should really being picking a different cartridge (based on their own favorite)? :p Must be a slow morning.
Good choice on the 30-06! It really is still a great round and will do most of what needs to be done.
Carry on ;)

Recent Posts