30,000 FED210 Primers Gone in 3 day's

Are you kidding? More laws restricting not only our 2a rights, but free trade as well? No thanks.

The sellers are not to blame. When an item gets bid up it's because of BUYERS!!! Quit paying retarded prices, and the scalping will end!! And no, I have not sold anything, and am trying to find stuff for friends and family as we speak.
The current chaos that we have created isnt sustainable for the manufacture's or the shooting sport industry. Like an internal combustion engine, give it too much gas and it breaks, give it too little gas and it breaks, put a fuel regulator inline and we have sustainability for a very long time. Im in full support of capitalist markets, but this is unsustainable and could end poorly for all, think about it for a minute. Where have we seen this before and how did it work out?
We can be proactive and choose our poison or have it chosen for us. ATF has taken notice.

We all are to blame, pointing fingers will only divide us. Sorry if I was insinuating blame, I was merely doing my best to state the facts as I know them.

Last edited:
Adding fuel to the fire, a local auction house had a ton of primers up for auction. The following price was a bid on 5000 CCI Small Pistol Primers. Add to this price 24.6% for auction fees and sales tax. Winning bid (if this is called a winner) $975.00
I was in that auction and the prices were unreal.

Gun broker.com!!!!
Shipped with no hazmat. Isnt that a felony? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it is.

Easy fix , NO private party sales of primers or powders with out going through a FFL dealer. Allow small quantity sales for friends, family and transfers, without FFL. Pass a law, any annual amount at or over $600.00 will have a 1099 from the FFL dealer, pay your taxes.
Thing is, people are buying up product when available only to resale for large profits. This type of behavior is contributing to our current inventory environment. I dont see any reprieve in the long term future unless something is done about the scalping. We have done this to our selves.
I cannot disagree more! The solution to this problem is not more laws taking Rights away from people. People have a Right to their property and the sale of that property. Freedom has its negative consequences but a huge upside. Customers are free to contact their store of choice to request any hoarding measures such as "limit per day" but more government is not the solution to a Percieved problem with government regulations

Well, looking on the bright side at least some primers were made available, if only for a very short time. It's also a little instructive. I guess looking online is not going to be as productive as actual physical visits to stores.
Might have to switch to 2nd shift so I can get to these places when they open instead of after all the retired guys have had their pick through.

I cannot disagree more! The solution to this problem is not more laws taking Rights away from people. People have a Right to their property and the sale of that property. Freedom has its negative consequences but a huge upside. Customers are free to contact their store of choice to request any hoarding measures such as "limit per day" but more government is not the solution to a Percieved problem with government regulations
Especially since government (or at least the fear of government) is a large contributor of this.

Seriously, how on God's Earth does anyone here think MORE govenment involvement is the answer let alone a good thing?

Especially since government (or at least the fear of government) is a large contributor of this.

Seriously, how on God's Earth does anyone here think MORE govenment involvement is the answer let alone a good thing?
Good points. Any idea as to what the answer might be then? I dont think the problem is going away on its own anytime soon. Most of us are just complaining/venting with no credible suggestions how to fix the problems. Again, ATF has taken notice.

Last edited:
Good points. Any idea as to what the answer might be then? I dont think the problem is going away on its own anytime soon. Most of us are just complaining/venting with no credible suggestions how to fix the problems. Again, ATF has taken notice.
1) CONSUMER: don't panic buy
2) CONSUMER: don't pay robbery prices to scalpers.
3) CONSUMER: support local businesses that do not engage in price gauging
4) CONSUMER: encourage other to remain sane and do the same
5) CONSUMER: encourage your local FFL to voluntarily adopt practices that service more of their customers current needs rather than the "needs" of a few.
6) CONSUMER: feel free to hoard/stockpile/prep in advance. Last minute panicking is **** poor performance and does not help anyone.

RETAILER: conduct business in the best iNterest of the longterm viability of your business and ethical service of your customers

I went into a big box sporting good store near me today and there was NO ammo of any kind on the shelf. Folks are concerned with the new presidential administration, COVID and general jobless possibilities. It is a shame it leads to hoarding, but I do understand the fear.
You are not paranoid if they really are chasing you!

Once again it's being introduced as has been several times in the past. No co-sponsors to this bill and the reason it never moves forward. Lucky for us, yet... it has to be watched to make sure it doesn't go an inch forward. It's a good idea to write to your congressman an reiterate that they should not co-sponsor or vote for this bill, ever!
More than that, need to push to get rid of any who introduce any such nonsense or support it in any way. Make it clear that the people want and require it to go in the other direction, as was originally intended.

Yes, reopen govt arsenals to manufacture, and provide each taxpayer who wants them with 1000 each SP, LP, SR, LR primers per month at no additional charge... Require the same ID and checks as it takes to vote.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.