30,000 FED210 Primers Gone in 3 day's

VALKYRIETP

I stopped at a local big box sporting goods store at 2:45 on Monday and asked if they had any Fed210 primers, I followed the employee to the swinging doors to the back room, I could see on the shelf 6 cartons of 5000 primers each unopened, The employee opens one and gets me their limit of 200 primers.
I go back on Tuesday same time and same thing but 2 cartons are gone and he has to open carton #4 to get my 200 primers.
( 10,000 primers gone in 24 hours. 20,000 left) I go back today at the same time and they say they have no primers. I go to the swinging doors and there are none on the shelf, none on the sales floor. 30,000 FED210 primers gone in 48 hours. WHAT THE HELL!!

T.P.

I stopped at a local big box sporting goods store at 2:45 on Monday and asked if they had any Fed210 primers, I followed the employee to the swinging doors to the back room, I could see on the shelf 6 cartons of 5000 primers each unopened, The employee opens one and gets me their limit of 200 primers.
I go back on Tuesday same time and same thing but 2 cartons are gone and he has to open carton #4 to get my 200 primers.
( 10,000 primers gone in 24 hours. 20,000 left) I go back today at the same time and they say they have no primers. I go to the swinging doors and there are none on the shelf, none on the sales floor. 30,000 FED210 primers gone in 48 hours. WHAT THE HELL!!

T.P.
Gotta let me know next time!! I went today and they were gone.

Our local big box limits us to one box of ammo per type, and two boxes per day max. I resorted to taking my wife and my son in with me when they have anything worth buying. I finally got three boxes of 28 Nosler a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen any primers in a couple months.

My wife saw me looking at an auction this morning for 5k primers and a 8# of Varget and it was a big number. She suggested I should start selling off primers and jugs since the prices are so high.

I told her I'd sell her Yukon and half of her shoe closet first, and if she went along with that I'd agree to sell some primers and powder.

End of discussion.

Nothing available at Bass Pro, or Big 5 locally....but, I went through all of my brass, projectiles, and even some old powder. I don't have a reloading setup anymore (stupid me)...but I teamed up with an old timer that does reload, and has an FFL. He was happy as hell to pump out .308, .38spc, .357, .458 SOCOM, and .45acp for me. He had a bunch of stuff on hand, and I paid him a very fair price for what he put together. Some of my old dies, some of his....pays to find that old timer that has all the stuff just sitting on the bench, and is looking to make a few bucks on the side, and a bottle of the bourbon fuel for afterwards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.