280 AI

I f I where you change to a L R Standard primer with the Hammer bullet and you will increase the powder charge several grains increasing velocity. I switched all my loads from mag too L R primers in non mag case capacity's with a substantial velocity increase before pressuring out ,especially with the absolute Hammers , but it will apply too all in the 280 ai.
I worked all those loads up with 210 GMM.

The 215GMM ended up being the most accurate with the 119. I tried rem 9 1/2, Win LR, 210GMM and ended up on the 215GMM because it had the best groups.

I'm only able to get .5-1.0 grains more of powder with a 210z

I am a very basic reloader and just about ready to start some loads for my weatherby backcountry 2.0 in 280ai. The two powders i have on hand to try are 7828ssc and rl23. I really anticipated the 7828ssc was the better choice but reading this thread it looks like there are a lot rl23 fans. If you were me, understanding that i am a basic reloader, which powder should i start with?
Go with RL23. You won't be disappointed

23" IBI CF 1-7.5" twist. With a 140 AH and H100V I get 3300 FPS. Worked up close to 3400 FPS but groups opened up.

23" IBI CF 1-7.5" twist. With a 140 AH and H100V I get 3300 FPS. Worked up close to 3400 FPS but groups opened up.

Theres a 280 AI group on FB. They have pdf files of quickload for a lot of popular bullets including the hammers. Based on what I have seen there that is a pretty hot load.

es a 280 AI group on FB. They have pdf files of quickload for a lot of popular bullets including the hammers. Based on what I have seen there that is a pretty hot load.

Absolute hammers are a radically different bullet design. Due to the lack of a traditional 'ogive', engraving pressure is drastically reduced, and a 140gr bullet behaves more like a 'typical' 120gr bullet - where internal ballistics are concerned anyway...

This thread is a good resource for those interested in learning more;