28 Nosler Loads.

i'm running 175 ELD-X at just over 3100 ft/sec using 78.2 grains of H1000. the last time i took it out and shot it over the lab radar everything looked promising. SD was around 6 and all the velocity's were very close.

I'm shooting the 175 ELD-X at 3200 with 82.5gr of N570 with nice accuracy in my Fierce. Just got a hold of some 8133 so will play with that. Had a nice load with Retumbo but I'm out. I've got some H1000 but haven't tried it yet.

I do have one load for my 26" Proof barreled rifle with H1000 and the 180 ELDM at 3050 fps . Shoots about .5" on demand. That said looking for some more loads. Too many possibilities and I do not want to try them all due to barrel wear. So what has worked for you?

My 28 Nosler loves the Berger 195 EOLs loaded with 79.0 grains of Retumbo. I'm using Nosler brass with a CCI 250 primer. It's pushing that pill at just over 3000 fps, and for me it's proven to be a deadly combo and incredibly accurate.

I do have one load for my 26" Proof barreled rifle with H1000 and the 180 ELDM at 3050 fps . Shoots about .5" on demand. That said looking for some more loads. Too many possibilities and I do not want to try them all due to barrel wear. So what has worked for you?
I have a great "recipe" 180 Berger VLD and Target hybrids with 77.5 grains of H1000 3220 fps Krieger barrel. Factory Browning barrel same recipe was 3050fps. Both barrels shot/shoot great. Have used for Deer Moose and now Elk. To much for Deer will be using my 6.5 PRC I just got for Deer and Antelope

I'm shooting 177g Hammer Hunters behind RL 33 at 3200fps in my 28. Consistent 1/2 MOA with this load and my son just took an antelope at 640 yds with it. I'm liking that combination.

Did you shoot more than One Shot...lol

😂 It was the most accurate rifle I've ever had. Probably still is but I have a different barrel on it. Got the oh crap I'm over 600, when everyone swears the life is gone in these things.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.