28 Nosler load

anyone played around with the new 28 nosler enough to share any insights? just picked up a legendary arms professional in that chambering and need to work on a load
sbruni,
What is the twist rate of your barrel and what weight/type of bullet please?

twist is 1 in 9... I've got 140 VLD, 168 VLD & classic & 180 grn Hybrid I can play with.
sbruni,
Twist rate is good for all the bullets. What powder(s)? General rule of thumb I use is 22-24 inch barrel = faster powder, 26-28 = slower powder.

was wondering if there was a trend on the powders... Live in TX so temp sensitivity is a big consideration. I've got plenty of H-1000, Retumbo, RL 23, H4831... but not scared to buy more if folks are finding an particular powders especially forgiving with any of those bullet weights.

New cartridge and lots of new powders (IMR 7977, RL 26, RL23) makes powder selection a bit challenging.

was wondering if there was a trend on the powders... Live in TX so temp sensitivity is a big consideration. I've got plenty of H-1000, Retumbo, RL 23, H4831... but not scared to buy more if folks are finding an particular powders especially forgiving with any of those bullet weights.

New cartridge and lots of new powders (IMR 7977, RL 26, RL23) makes powder selection a bit challenging.
Please address an email to me at [email protected] and we can get you going.

I plan on having some 195's in a couple weeks. Looking forward to trying them out as Im building a half dozen 28 noslers within the next month for customers. I have re 33, retumbo, h1000 and us869 to test them out with. I have a bunch of brux barrels instock that have been waiting for this bullet:)

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com

This is what worked in my rifle. I have a rifle built on a remingtton 700 action with a 26 inch Kreiger barell 8.5 twist greybull stock. My best load was using 180 berger VLD . It shoots best .060 off lands with fed 215 large mag primers and 78.5 gr of H1000. It will shoot less than 1/2 inch groops at 100 yards and my best at 500 yards was a 3 inch group. The velocity is 3080. Hope this helps.

210 primers
175 bullets
3143 FPS
H1000 78.5 gives me the best accuracy

970 yards 4 shots

GUNWERKS RIFLE
24 inch have to look but 1/8.5 as I remember
17.5 moa to get there
4220 altitude
Barrow was 25.60

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.