28 Nosler Load Development

Unless you shoot 3 3 shot groups. A 28 nosler is not a good candidate for a 10 shot group.
You cannot do 10 shot groups with a 28, you will fall out of a node before you know it.

Didn't say to shoot 10 shot groups…said that using a chronograph for ONE SHOT groups is a waste of time.
I also said that a single 10 shot group at 600 is the only way to get real statistical data.
Don't twist what I say to give yourself a reason to respond, it helps nobody.

Cheers.

I do all my testing at 100 for seating depth, powder is done at 300 and ALL loads that look promising are tested at 600, which entails 10 shot groups, which is the minimum of anything statistically relevant, a 3 shot group means nothing in precision rifle testing.
Maybe you better read what you wrote.

"ALL loads that look promising are tested at 600, which entails 10 shot groups"

Since you're crapping on Americans on an American forum. Please enlighten our dumb improper English speaking butts what the quoted above means.

Didn't say to shoot 10 shot groups…said that using a chronograph for ONE SHOT groups is a waste of time.
I also said that a single 10 shot group at 600 is the only way to get real statistical data.
Don't twist what I say to give yourself a reason to respond, it helps nobody.
Lighten up Francis. Nobody is twisting what you say. You said it takes a 10 shot group.

Last edited:
I can definitely do seating depth at 200 but I'll have to get a target situation lined up to get to 400, our local range only has out to 300, but there are plenty of places I can go to shoot much farther.

I can definitely do seating depth at 200 but I'll have to get a target situation lined up to get to 400, our local range only has out to 300, but there are plenty of places I can go to shoot much farther.
I am working up a load in my 28 for 175 EH. .030 was a 3/4 grp at 200 yds. (.015 intervals) rest were 1+ inches. Waiting for it to quite snowing and blowing then I'll do my 400 yd ladder test, 2 shots at each load. Once I find the node then I will go back a tweak the seating depth, .005 either side of .030, then .002. Then go kill a bear here in MT!!!!

I am working up a load in my 28 for 175 EH. .030 was a 3/4 grp at 200 yds. (.015 intervals) rest were 1+ inches. Waiting for it to quite snowing and blowing then I'll do my 400 yd ladder test, 2 shots at each load. Once I find the node then I will go back a tweak the seating depth, .005 either side of .030, then .002. Then go kill a bear here in MT!!!!
That's my plan with this load too. Gotta have it ready for Montana bear season.