28 Nosler load development

N570 first then RL33 would be my top 2. N570 is a hot one. I have 3 of them they all use N570 all over 3,100 and all .1 moa to .2 moa loads. Love that rifle combo.
You are in Texas, did you find N570 to be temp sensitive during the hot summer months? Just curious, I have not used the one pound I have, I do know RL33 is very sensitive when it gets into the 80's.

I can say that from my experience with N570 it has been pretty stabil. My SD is good like 5. Shoots good groups as mentioned by Longtine 88. My combo is with 195's rather than 180's pushing over 3100. With FED 215. ADG Brass. My gun was throated for the longer Bullets mainly geared for the 195's.

I have a 28 Sherman Magnum which is similar volume. Quickload pointed me towards RE33, RE50, Retumbo….I would try those.
…..and I hate to say it, but you will need a few pounds to get a feel for it! It is a powder guzzler round!

I have a 28 Sherman Magnum which is similar volume. Quickload pointed me towards RE33, RE50, Retumbo….I would try those.
…..and I hate to say it, but you will need a few pounds to get a feel for it! It is a powder guzzler round!
I am curious on the 28 Sherman Mag, what is the difference between the Sherman and Nosler? What are you looking at for velocity compared to the Nosler?

I am curious on the 28 Sherman Mag, what is the difference between the Sherman and Nosler? What are you looking at for velocity compared to the Nosler?
Very very similar. I would consider them ballistic equivalent, except you can find good brass! To me, the SM may have a hair more capacity due to the longer throat. I loading bullets out around 3.7" vs 3.3 for the Nosler. That is a decent powder column, especially with monos.

Last edited:
You are in Texas, did you find N570 to be temp sensitive during the hot summer months? Just curious, I have not used the one pound I have, I do know RL33 is very sensitive when it gets into the 80's.
It is not near as bad as RL33. Take this for what's it's worth on most of my hunting rifles especially large caliber I use cold bore method cause I believe one shot one kill could be all you get. I shot this past early fall in mid 90's no problem and I always shot a 3 or 4 shot back to back just to see and I do not have the problems like RL33. Generally on it the bolt would get sticky by the third shot. When it gets to 100 plus if I have to shoot I have a AC unit setup that I put the chamber and barrel in front of checking chamber temp until it get down to where I want to shoot then walk out the door and shoot it on the bench. My bench is 30' from my reloading room. When it's that hot I get it to the mid 80's then shoot. When we shoot 1000+ yards then I use the pickup ac to cool the chambers.