.28 nosler load data

Here is what I found with my 28N. Re33 fouled very badly, and carbon fouled like no other powder I have ever tried in any cartridge. I couldn't get H1000, Have just a little Retumbo, and that is reserved for my RUM. Everyone says N570 is the bomb, but also unavailable. I tried the new 8133. Found out it is a great powder for the 28N, but I'm shooting deer and have only played with 162's and 175's. I'll bet it will do a good job with the heavier bullets also. What I like about it is it is very clean, and the carbon seems just like any other magnum. Performs very well with good velocities, low ES, seems very accurate. That I can live with, especially since I shoot HBN coated bullets.

I've got 168 VLDs loaded for deer this season. But I'm (hopefully) going back to WY for a horseback Elk hunt I'd like to start getting ready for. I've got Retumbo behind my 168s. I want something temp stable. I'm using 4451 on my 6mm Creed. It seems very consistent.

Does anyone have any experience with the 8133 behind the 195 in the 28N?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.