28 Nosler Loads 195 Berger

Cackas2

I just got my rifle back from pierce engineering and am going to start working up loads for it. Its a pierce titanium action with wyatts box, 28' proof research carbon barrel and Mcmillan carbon A3 sporter stock. The whole gun with 4 shells and leupold 6.5-20x50 is only 8lbs 12oz. What have you guys found the 195 bergers like to be seated at? I'm hoping they wont be as picky as the vlds. I ran a ladder during break in up to 88gr Reloder 33 and was just over 3200fps so I'm hoping I can find a node somewhere between 31-3200. I also have US869, Reloder 50, and Retumbo if you guys have any other suggestions. Thanks

Thanks, I have data from Berger already just seeing what everyone else was finding worked for them. I have it throated specifically for the 195's and my oal is 3.762 at the lands so I was able to fit about 4-5 grains more than max listed and still be good pressure wise.

Cackas,
Great! Yes all the loads are based on the COAL listed with the load data. So if you are setting the bullet out you do expose more case capacity. Always keep in mind though that the other guys load works in HIS rifle. In yours it may be way over pressure or very inaccurate or both . You have to tune the load to YOUR rifle. Unfortunately there are NO shortcuts. Keep a good loading log book and only change one thing at a time and test. It keeps you in a straight line to your load and keeps you from swerving off into the weeds and getting lost. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us here or at [email protected]
Take care and good luck !

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.