270 WSM in an AR

Coop - what stock and handguard is that? I've toyed with a hunting AR for a while, but unnecessary weight w/o TONS of money swayed me.

That looks very do-able.

Also, what height rings?

Did you go with a +2 gas system? Looks like not.

Who's upper? Lol, might be easier to list the specs.

Coop - what stock and handguard is that? I've toyed with a hunting AR for a while, but unnecessary weight w/o TONS of money swayed me.

That looks very do-able.

Also, what height rings?

Did you go with a +2 gas system? Looks like not.

Who's upper? Lol, might be easier to list the specs.
I made the buttstock and handguard. I work in Carbon Fiber. I could never find a light weight buttstock that I liked so I figured I'd make it.
I believe the upper is a Blackwood AMBI upper. I cant remember exactly as its been a few years since I built it (I know the guy that owns the company was an older Englishman that was awesome to deal with). .
I just used a rifle length gas tube but between the very adjustable SLR gas block and the JP adjustable silent capture buffer it was very easy to make it run. the rings I the pick are a bit too low I have since switched to high rings which make for a perfect cheek weld.

I'm intrigued by the ballistics of the 270 WSM cartridge.
Considering an AR build in this caliber.
Would love to make this my all-around hunting rifle for coyote, hog, white tail.
Anyone with AR experience in this caliber care to share their experience?
Thanks in advance!
I built a AR10 in 6.5 x 47 Lapua and it's a tack driver. Uses standard 308 magazines. The 270 WSM would need a magazine designed for it to function properly.